1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#37

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 12, 2008.

1. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

welcome back Dave. Hope everything is healing good for ya.

2. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Dave,

I've come to the conclusion that all you are doing is taking frozen, fesh fish and nailing them to the wall, and then taking a picture while they are still gasping for air....cause they look so darn real!

I always look forward to your pics!

:)

Kerby...

p.s. Dennis, yes that is my first Grayling...and yes you can't see all the different scale tippings in the pic.

3. WOW!! Who needs live/fresh reference when we have UFD's work to go by. It's almost hard to believe work like that is even possible.

4. just finished another nice sized bluegill. People need to start keeping more bass around here.

5. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Uncle Dave love to see that Big old King done!!! It is a seriously Kicking Oncorhynchus Tshawytscha!!!!! So cool to see it from unpainted to painted!

Carry on!
    Rick

6. dsmithgall

dsmithgall New Member

Dave that King is unbelievable.............awesome job---

Great work everyone!!!

7. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

Dave, your a freak. But you already know that!!! Great job man!

8. Dave you must use a good hanger to get a 57 pound replica to stay on the wall.LOL ,Great to see your work again ,KD.

9. UFD

UFD Member

Hey guys, thanks for the warm welcome back into the TWIFP! (My return might be short-lived for another little while because hopefully I'll go under the knife and get my metal bits removed next week.)

Kerby, wow, you have been busy - I keep going back and looking at your grayling - nice job!

The bluish iridescent tipping on GulfCoastWF's little yellow fish is very sweet indeed.

10. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

ahhh... now I can concentrait on birds for a while... cant see how you finheads can make a living doing things with scales...it took me forever to paint these little boogers.

here is my little finished reef scene. all of the corals and sponges in the middle structure are sculpted and molded in liquid plastic. the little guys are also repros with clear cast peck and cudal fins. I toped it off with real corals around the edges.

you fish guys are un-freakin-believable!

LJ

11. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

Yeah well,,,,,NICE JOB LJ!!!

12. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

closer shot of the coney....

13. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

little closer snap of the queen angel

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Very nice colorful mount! Good job ::)

15. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Gulfcoast..that's a piece of "taxidermy" piece that any WOMAN could take in home!!! At least I have been in trouble with the "all those stuffed animals" in our home!! But that suit..really nice work!! ;)

16. LJ thats a sweet transition QAF!!! I have had one to do for about 10 years and its still not finished lol.

17. Lowell,

i don't understand why you would just limit yourself to feather dedication when you can airbrush and habitat like that....

AWESOME...!!!