1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What does an 8 year old have to look forward to after this

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Matt, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

Paul, this one went 160" and some change and it was taken in the wild.

2. Dawg3458

Dawg3458 New Member

LOL...
    I have two girls.They both came home in camo also.My oldest started hunting with me the day after she turned 2....

3. Todd K

Todd K New Member

Great mount Matt, what a lucky kid!!! I saw your moose too, very nice!

4. Wdlangford

Wdlangford New Member

That's awesome. I bet his dad was proud. But at the same time it makes me sick, Iv'e hunted my whole life, and have yet to get something like that, and then here you have an 8 year old with a first deer. It just isn't fair. WWAAAA (that's me whining.) Congrats to him though.

5. AWT

AWT "Preserving all God's creatures"

Really great buck!!! I killed my first when I was 7. It was a spike. In my family, the day you come home from the hospital, you own 3 guns! When I was born, I had a 44 mag., a Remington .22, and a Daisy BB gun. The day my son came home from the hospital he got the same guns. The bb gun is still in the package. It all depends on how you are raised. I got to bow hunt in a tree by myself when I was 6, and then gun hunt alone when I was 8. I think it's wonderful that a young fellow like that gets to enjoy the outdoors, and learn how to be a responsable hunter. I hope he enjoys the chase for the rest of his life. Good job on the mount as well!

God bless
    Mike

6. nice buck .. but the one i saw this year would make him look like bambi... why couldnt that buck come another hundred yards in.. WHYYYYYYYYY... 525 yard shot was a little to much for my 270

7. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

a bigger one duh, very nice mount

8. jorgy

jorgy Member

Kids can shame you. I have a family that I do work for. The 15 year old has 3 B&C muzzleloader kills on the wall and 2 150" plus archery bucks to his name already.

His younger brother has muzzleloader deer that go 155" and 168" already. Think he is 13 now.

Can't wait to see what they drag in this year.

9. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Matt, nice mount, what form is that?

10. i was talkin to a guy today and i know his nepew and he told be he got his first buck last year that scores 178