1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Attaching your lifesize to its base????????

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by Gina, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Gina

Gina New Member

Ok....anyone got a tutorial for this? i got a huge bear and I need to know how to get it to attach. Got the base, got the bear....now to attach it. the rods are only 8 inches protruding from the feet. The customer was adamant on making the base himself. it looks great, its rally fantastic.....now I jsut gotta get the bear and the habitat and all that to tie together. So any help you be great! thanks!

2. Mason

Mason Active Member

Are your rods too short? Is that the problem? If so, I had the same problem with a coyote
    (because I cut them too short)
    So I went to the hardware and bought some threaded sleaves and extended the rods.
    If thats what the trouble is, hope this helped.

Mason

3. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Take a hollow pipe and bend the threaded rods so their all at the same angle (90) degrees form the feet. Next, screw one of the nuts on a ways and then hold your bear over where your going to attach it to the base. Mark your hole and drill them.. Next cut all the rods with a saw sal so their the same length, use the nut you screwed on to un screw over the threads to straighten them back out. Pu tthe bear on the base and underneath, put the nuts back on and tighten.

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

If he is making the base wouldnt he be the one worrying about how to screw it down?

I myself do sorta like Hoytman...but I use washers to add a little stabilty.. then put the rods thru the hole you cut, then I use another washer then tighten down the final screw.
    Works for me :)

5. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

Same here royal oaks, Another technique it to put a nut on forst and then use that one to adjust the depth, then tighten the nut on the bottom. Most forms I oder have 2 nuts and a washer already on each leg.

I hope he took measurments before building the base. SO that all the feet or at least a few of them are lever and are able to be secured