1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

All-Game and red flocking. How many use it?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Nina Lukaszewicz, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

Today I got to try All-Game and red flocking for the first time to sculpt and finish the interior of a deer nose. It worked great, I was surprised at how well it blended and how nicely it looked when done. I even recreated the bottom lip with some leftover mixture, it's nice to have that pink undertone so I can just wash shades of gray over to finish. So, how many of you use flocking and All-Game to finish deer? If you are someone that hasn't used it yet, I strongly recommend you to try it.

2. Hey Nina I never tryed it, I guess I should give it a try. Josh

3. I want to give it a try. I really like the work I have seen others do with it. I have some mount's coming up that I will need to try some on.

4. Nina Lukaszewicz

definitely try it...You can order the flocking from Joe Coombs exclusively (I think that's the only place that carries it) I'll get pictures up later of the finished nose work on this buck.

5. That's the only place I have seen it to. I will look for the pic's, thanks.

6. I works great for open mouth work also. I have used it on a few boar in the past.

7. abbytaxi

abbytaxi Member

van dykes has it. I just tried it and was pleased with the result

8. Nina Lukaszewicz

Pics coming tomorrow morning. I just finished the rest of the painting on this deer.

9. I use the red flocking inside bear noses and mouths and it works great. I am very happy with the results

10. I just got some last week and I am going to try it ths weekend when I finish a deer. Besides here I have herd it works great.

11. Nina Lukaszewicz

Pics...I'm working on studying my reference more lol, I used an Eppely replacement nose to go by when sculpting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Wow Nina ;) that is incredibly nice. The detail is great!!!! Josh

13. bw

bw New Member

I use it here too. And that nose interior looks better than most I have seen Nina, including my own.

14. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Joe Coombs Classics, Inc. Has everything you need!

15. Really good Nina, I look forward to giving it a try.

16. KB

KB New Member

that looks really nice Nina, is there perhaps a tuturial with this method somewhere? I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like several on this site use it. thanks.

-Kevin

17. Wdlangford

Wdlangford New Member

Looks really nice. Does it really turn out that pink, or is that after you painted it?

18. Todd K

Todd K New Member

OK...you guys have convinced me! I will be ordering some of that stuff along with a couple set of the coombs eyes soon. Nina, awesome detail on that mount.

19. Nina Lukaszewicz

KB, here is a tutorial by EJ. http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,84104.0.html

Wdlangford, yes it really does turn out that pink color. I did no painting whatsever to get that tone, that's whats so nice about this method...No overspray to worry about :)
    Thanks Todd !

20. yea flock does great on elk to