1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the Week #25 Year 2

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hello my friends!

Week has past and we have to start a new one!! Last week you all pulled out some really nice birds and made my choise for a this weeks starter even more difficult! You are sooooo good! Wonder how much you do photoshopping... ;D

Last weeks winner in MY opinion is Red Stags student Kenneth's work, a really beautiful eagle with hare! I choose this because I just love eagles,they are so majestic and massive birds.. Let's hope we can see more Kenneth's work here in a future also..you have done great work with teaching Stag!! And have to say that Kenneth must have a ability to learn..great!

Ok,now I just wait to see new interesting birds and POSITIVE attitude here for this week!! It's so nice in my opinion that we can feel to be as a "family" here in taxi net allthought we are from all over the world!! This is really a nice connection here and it would be so nice to meet you all someday! Have a nice week and hope we all can enjoy from taxidermy this week and rest of our lives!! ;)

JP

2. wings II

wings II New Member

Excellant Choice JP - Here's mine for the week :D
    [​IMG]

3. vincer

vincer New Member

Here's mine for this week.

4. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Nice bird Fudgy,what is it? Nice and clean mount... Vincer,I hope we can see a bigger picture from your work,looks interesting...

5. GC

GC New Member

Here is a personal mount that I did recently that kinda got out of hand! I wanted to make a shadow box dead mount for a tribute to my 11 year old black lab who has just about seen her last hunt...she's ready to retire. I kept some birds from her retrieves last season and put them together for a full limit of birds. Well, a shadow box turned into a small duck blind, about 6 and a half foot tall by 54 inches wide! It only weighs a little over 200 pounds (I'm guessing?) Anyway, I had a lot of fun doing it and I hope you all like looking at it as well....GC

6. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

That's the most beautifull deadmount I've ever seen in my taxi-life!! Really nice...really..

8. hoytman

hoytman UTA Member

I second that. Absolutely amazing and what a great tribute to man's best friend, I know they cant talk, but I bet she appreaciates it.

9. mallardman92

mallardman92 New Member

gc that is a GREAT deadmount

10. GC

GC New Member

Thanks guys for your compliments. I didn't realize how far away the birds looked until I posted the pics. I took a couple closer up of the birds themselves.
    I forgot to mention earlier that the eagle that started this week is beautiful work....GC

11. Rick RR GBirds

Rick RR GBirds Let's go kill some birds...I'm psyched!

Not a fan of deadmounts normally, but you just changed my mind. Excellent!

12. wings II

wings II New Member

Thanks JP...It's a white-faced tree duck...wished I could say from Argentina but actually from an aviary. GC that display puts you right in the moment. Great Work!

13. I've never seen a dead mount I liked...until now! Reminiscent of a Norman Rockwell painting. Makes me long for fall. Beautiful tribute!

14. GC!

Very Very Nice! That's a great tribute to a long time hunting buddy! I just got my first lab about 2 months ago. I'm looking forward to years of hunting with her.

Richard

15. Kim Owens

Kim Owens Are we there yet?

Great Birds! This is my first attempt at posting a picture to BOW, but I'll give it a try!

Danny Owens

16. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

SSSAAAWWWEEEET ;)

17. cypresslake

cypresslake Jude Bordelon Cypresslake Taxidermy

That is the best deadmount I have ever seen, I bet your lab is very proud. Great Job

18. GC really cool, I like that a lot!

19. wow GC that is beautiful!... love it

20. hobbes

hobbes Member

When I was doing work, I did a little of everything, I considered myself a deer guy. When I get going again, I believe this thread alone is going to turn me into a bird guy.

The work shown in this reoccuring thread is incredible!!!