1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#39

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jun 26, 2008.

1. the smallie was only about 3lbs.. and the rocks are just scrap foam with machea over them and painted..

dave how you coming on the resting ice sitters??

2. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

fishstuffer: it's done! Trying to keep this strictly fish, but since you asked: here it is:

[​IMG]

3. Extremly nice work by everyone. Wow! I have nothing to contribute this week still working on deer heads. Nice work.

4. My first walleye mount, for a family friend and 2nd bass ever mounted for practice

5. NOAH@aarrkk

[email protected] Active Member

GA
    Here's a 21 inch rainbow replica I finished last week. It's from Bev's Fish Creations and is posted in the unofficial catalog thread:
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,65386.75.html The replica actually is facing right, I PhotoShoped it for the post.
    [​IMG].
    Thanks for all the great posts on an on-going basis.
    jerry

6. Pescado

Pescado Biggest in 2011

Hey Dave, is that a Smith machine in the background? lol.

7. Craig W

Craig W New Member

I just finished this bass over the weekend.

8. Craig W

Craig W New Member

This one is still in progress.

9. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

Yeaht.....they named them after me cause I'm so huge- he he

10. Harum

Harum Active Member

Cool decoy Josh.

Gary, Great job on your Replica Steelhead! Also one of the better rock pedestals I've seen. Looks cool how you extended the sides. Congratulations on the win!

GulfcoastWF, Really nice flat art! Excellent use of color and form to create your composition and balance! I also like the peacock bass.

Stormcloud, Way to go! Nicely done paint job. Ocean bright for sure.

Rich B, Always enjoy seeing your work.

-Pete

11. My first custom reproduction. We caught a bunch of these fly fishing about a month ago. I think it's a white sucker...how bout an ID, Josh.

Thanks to Gary for publishing his molding and casting techniques...they worked without a hitch.

[​IMG]

12. Harum

Harum Active Member

Nice sucker Kevin!

13. WEEHOOO!!!

White sucker and a FINE one at that!!

NICE!

14. Thanks, guys. They're pretty fun to work on.

15. jemmick

jemmick Active Member

WNY
    Excellent job Kevin, both on the custom molding and the color job!!

16. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Really Nice Kevin.
    I've got a 6lb. Redhorse mold here just waiting to have a blank popped out of it.
    I think your White just gave me the motivation I need.
    Thanks ;)

17. BIGUN

BIGUN Member

Kevin, were you trying to be funny- making reference to a hitch? The hitch in Clear lake look almost exactly like your bridge-lipped sucker (or is it a white sucker?)
    That is a just a gorgeous sucker- truly breathtaking! Do you sell blanks for that? beautiful job and great picture- just an awesome I can't say it enough.
    Dave

18. Thanks, Dave. I have two blanks including this one so far and I'll get a third for sure. Maybe a fourth. On the second one a small bit of bondo broke loose at the top of the gill plate. The lips are still perfect. It's amazing how good the bondo works with the undercuts. On the second blank the tail didn't get filled in all the way with the resin and I can't figure out why. That happened a little bit on this one, but it was an easy fix with epoxy. I can probably fix it up if you are interested.

I'll be making some white bass molds this weekend if I don't drink too much beer. Maybe some carp. That's what Nebraska is there for.

19. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    nice job everyone! Marc very nice!

20. dbess

dbess New Member

Very Nice work from everyone!!! Each week I look forward to this thread and viewing the artwork which it produces, I envy each an every one of you in your ability to recreate with such detail, our fine friends of the water. This week I have a JKnuth repro 15'' Bass, its my first repro, also my first bass paint job.......