1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can you all critque my whitetail, wholesale mount!!!!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 15whitetailJosh, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Here it is, I used a Speed Septum for the first time, let me know what you think. I think my coloring around the eyes are a little to dark. 8) 8) Josh

2. More. :D :D

3. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Looks like he has a nosebleed Josh.

4. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Did you make or buy the septum? All of the speed septums I've ever used were a lot pinker.

5. JOSH i WOULD HAVE TO agree with Bill
    nostril opening are to large eyes have good shape the one ear butt seems smaller maybe picture

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

The ears are back to far, looks like that are are almost on the neck, antlers looks a little low into the head.

7. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Normally I don't do critiques, but overall I think it looks pretty decent. Besides what the others have already said, I noticed the speed septums. Do you have the veins facing in or out? It looks to me in the 4 th pic that the veins are facing out, and I'm pretty sure they should be facing the other way around. When you shine a light in they will show through the transparency of the septum, and look more natural, instead of jumping pit at you if they are faced the wrong way. Overall I say good job, and keep striving to better on your next one, no matter how good you think you are. You can never learn too much when it comes to producing a truely life-like mount. I don't know if you compete or not, but you'll get the most thorough critique you can, by letting someone see it first hand and really look it over visually, and by feel. There is only so much you can judge by pics. Camera angle, lighting, etc. can make something look different than it actally is.

8. little fred

little fred R.I.P all my fallen taxidermy brother's

looks good for a commercial mount to me

Fred

9. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Josh as far as you eye color try to find Breakthrough Issue 59 it shows you step by step painting on the eyes and has worked really well for me. Your eyes look painted. Try putting several lite coats of paint and not one heavy coat try to make the paints blend. You shouldn't even be able to hardly see the paint going on.

10. The nostrils are open a little wide and the eye color looks alitte dark and needs to be blended but in general I would be proud to hang it in my den you did good josh

11. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Josh,

Did you use earliners? The hair patterns in the ears are off, the white is out to far, it's rolled to close to the top edge on the left ear. The throat patch is shifted to the right to far, needs to be centered/adjusted better. The eyes do look good. It's a nice overall comm. mount. Keep at it, just watch these finer points..

12. Looks nice Josh..

13. Gary B.

Gary B. Active Member

I agree with Shannon- I think you have the speed septum with the wrong side out and the nostril openning is too large

Gary B.

14. I checked I could not believe that I put them in wrong, I guess I thought that the veins were suppost to show ??? ??? Me :p... I painted over it and so it looks fine. :p Thanks for all the comments on this buck. Thanks Josh ;D ;D