1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

locked up bucks I found in november...

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by asawyers, Jun 28, 2008.

1. asawyers

asawyers Member

12pt scores 176 and 11pt scored 160....found these 50yds from my treestand first wkend of november in kansas...ppl were telling me the rut hadn't started...I beg to differ...too bad I couldn't get to the stand earlier....I had a taxidermist bleach out there schools because I didn't have time and they kinda stunk had be dead about a day in 80 degree heat...then I made a mount for them for now

2. asawyers

asawyers Member

one more pic

3. i wish i could find something like that asome though

4. Shannon

Shannon New Member

VERY cool find. Sucks you didn't get a crack at one of them, but you got to them before the tree rats got to them and chewed them up. Looks like 2 very nice deer. I like euro skulls, but I'd find 2 big capes and make a sweet pedestal mount with those dandies!

5. i would to

6. Curt

Curt Family Life member of the NTA

I agree with Shannon. The two of them would make one awesome looking pedestal mount...

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

I just mounted another set of locks just this week. I like both the mounts and the skulls! Those guys that tell you the "rut didnt start" evidently dont know what the rut is!Once the velvet comes off, those bucks are pushing things, and eachother. It just intensifies until its time to breed. Nice find, I envy you!! I collect locked buck pictures, did you take many of the dead deer as they layed???

8. moosehorn

moosehorn New Member

Very nice find,always hope to find some shed hunting.

9. asawyers

asawyers Member

I didn't get too many of them when I found them alll I had was my video camera so I have a couple more of them but not great pics

10. whitetail94

whitetail94 New Member

That was 2 great bucks. They would make an awesome mount. I wonder just how often this happens and no one finds them.

11. asawyers

asawyers Member

I don't know how often this happens but this set made 4 within a 5mile radius of my hunting ground

12. wow thats very unusal