1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

2nd fish mount

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by JD BREWER, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Well here's my 2nd fish mount I know there are things wrong with it ,but you guys and gals will see stuff that I don't see.. Thanks

2. Does it suck that bad nobdy wants to say anything? LOL

3. Terry

Terry De-lighted to be living in Alaska!

I'll chime in, though I will leave the pointers for others- it's been a few years since my last walleye.

I think maybe there are a few small anatomy things that can be tweaked, but it could be the angle of the photo. Overall I think it's a darn fine fish for a second or a twenty-second... To my eye, it looks like a walleye. ;)

4. Overall it looks pretty nice. One thing that sticks out to me is that the eye looks backwards, but its probably just the glare from the photo, keep it up

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I have to concur with Taxidermydude the eye is backwards. nice fish for your second.

6. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

At the angle of the photo it's hard to tell much.

eye backwards

Head juncture problems

Spend more time on your fin placement and carding.

IMO take out that eye and fix it. Other wise decent job

7. Thanks ya'll 'Yea the damn eye is backwards" and I spent so much time tryin to get everything right.. I think it's funny somethin starein me in the face like that and I didn't even notice it, I'll probably not fix it just for a good laugh a few years from now, that and so I'll always remember to not do that again.. LOL