1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

FIRST INTERNET AVIAN CHALLENGE RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by RDA, Jun 30, 2008.

1. RDA

RDA Active Member

1ST PLACE NOVICE DIVISION STARLING - LUDVIK, 2ND PLACE JEREMY, 3RD PLACE JORDANLYBECK, HONORABLE MENTION -EDUARDO CRUZ !!!!!

1ST PLACE,,OPEN DIVISION STARLING PETERSPAN, 2ND PLACE JONHARLETX,, 3RD PLACE GRAVITY KILLS,,, HONORABLE MENTION--LEAF ART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SINCE JIM KIMBALL WAS THE ONLY ENTRANT FOR PIDGEONS HE IS AWARDED FIRST PLACE OPEN DIVISION PIDGEON

WINNER OF TAXIDERMISTS CHOICE,,, PETER SPANNENBURG BY ONLY TWO VOTES OVER LUDVIK, WITH GRAVITY KILLS COMING IN 3RD!!!

NOTE, AS A LAST MINUTE DECISION IVE DECIDED TO MAKE THE NOVICE CATAGORY A MULTIPLE RIBBON EVENT, SO CARL R ALSO RECEIVES 3RD PLACE AND GRESH RECEIVES HONORABLE MENTION IN THE NOVICE STARLING CATAGORY!! :)

MY CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PARTICIPANTS - ON A JOB DONE WELL!!! WE HAVE PULLED OFF THE FIRST EVENT OF ITS KIND TO EVER BE DONE, SO FEEL PROUD THAT YOU WERE PART OF IT!! THE JUDGES WERE ALL EXCITED TO DO THE EVENT, AND A LARGE THANKS GOES OUT TO THEM AS WELL!! FOR CRITIQUES, YOU MUST PM EACH JUDGE THAT YOU WANT A CRITIQUE FROM, AND WE WILL START THEM ASAP.. FOR DANNY OWENS, PM KIM OWENS. FOR IGOR CARAGODIN, PM IGOR. FOR TONY FINAZZO, PM FINAZDUCKS AND FOR MYSELF, PM RDA! ;)

2. RDA

RDA Active Member

ALSO, WOULD THE RIBBON WINNERS PLEASE PM ME WITH A MAILING ADDRESS, SO WE CAN SHIP YOU THE RIBBONS AS SOON AS THEY ARE SIGNED BY ALL THE JUDGES!! :)

THANKS AGAIN TO RESEARCH MANNIKINS, TRUFITT LIFE FORMS,, KEN EDWARDS AND WASCO WITHOUT THESE FINE FOLKS THE EVENT WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED!

A SPECIAL THANKS TO JON STANLEY (JonHarleTX) FOR ALL HIS HELP BEHIND THE SCENES- APPRECIATE IT MAN!!

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

[​IMG] they will be on the way!! :)

4. Congratulations to all! :)

5. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:Thanks everyone for voting on my starling. And thank you Ron for this very cool event, let's do it again soon (hope it won't be a greasy mallard though ;D)

6. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

congratulations all! especially PeterSpan and Ludvik, you showed them how it should be done!!

Johnharletx, your starling was verrrrry good!

7. lee tees valley

lee tees valley tweety luvva.

well done peter.. ;) and all who took part.. ;D 8)

8. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Congrats to all!

9. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

Congratulations.Hopefully we will have more participants next event.

10. Congrats, Peter, well deserved!
    Wow, ludvik, how exciting for yout first competetion! Hope to see you showing more stuff in the future, shows are so much fun!!

But the big thanks to Ron, for taking his own time and effort to put this whole thing together! We all owe you a big thanks, along with Ken, all the judges, and our great sponsors! Lets hope this kicked off a new tradition on TaxiNet Challange! This was lots of fun!

11. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Just got back, wow I really did not expect a ribbon from that starling. THANKYOU! It was fun and I whish now that I would have spent more time but I do look forward to the next one. Thanks Ron, John, Judges and Wasco. Lets do it again soon.

Jeremy

12. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Congratulations for all winners!! Great job!

13. eduardo cruz

eduardo cruz I had a dream, a passion that became real...

I´m very happy ;D ;D
    Thank you especially to all those who voted for me, a special hug and a special thanks to my friend and teacher TOM HILYER.
    I hope we will soon another tender for me to again participate and improve increasingly my work. ;)

Thank you all

Greetings,

Eduardo Cruz

14. Congrats to you, Eduardo! Glad to see your work in the contest! Hope to see more of your work!

15. Very cool. Congrats to all of the winners!!!! And thanks to RDA and all of the judges. I look forward to the next one.

Thanks Jordan

16. JBird

JBird New Member

SHEEESH - you leave for a couple days and everything changes when you get back ;o) I didn't even have a chance to vote - but it looks like it was 'spot on' - great job everyone. The winners definately deserve it - I think that Jim deserves an extra big pat on the back for doing a pigeon at all - they are SO hard to do to begin with - and to conciously CHOOSE to do one - well - we all knows he's a bit insane (snicker)

nice competition - I vote CROW for the next one - ;o)

17. bradc

bradc New Member

its gonna be hard to find a bird that will be available to both american (north and South)and european and wherever else taxidermist might reside. and even crow for me would be hard because the season is only on in september and if they are like ducks they would be extremely pin feathered, but i have never tried. if it is a bird that i can easily get i would be glad to donate some to the comp next year.

18. bradc

bradc New Member

i just looked up the crow season here in michigan and it is august 1 - sept 30, and there is a new season this year from feb 1 - march 31 so if i took a bird in feb it would be prime to mount, crow could be an option, or we can throw a curveball at the europeans here and to a teal ;)

19. JBird

JBird New Member

teal would be fun -

20. Congrads to all, nice looking birds, everyone. Good job Eduardo, keep up the good work.
    Jim