1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the Week# 26 Year 2

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Hey!!

Ooh,last week was so full of nice birds that I couldn't breath!!!! There could have been so many choices to be a starter of this week and if I could I would have take them all! Talent for mounting lifelike bird with you guy's and gall's is unbelieveable!!!

But as only one will be chosen, here it comes! It's a very very beautifull dead maunt by GC. Congratulations for an impressive diorama!! Like I said,it must be the best deadmount I have ever seen in my life... Very convinsing...

Let's hope this week will be full o0f beautiful mounts and all that great inspiration for us all!! Have a nice week and enjoy for a great hobby that unites us all!!!

JP

2. vincer

vincer New Member

Beautiful piece G C.Here is mine for this week.

3. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Great Choice JP on BOTW, that piece is awesome. A big congrats to GC. Here is my contrabution for the week, yet another Turkey. I hope your not getting bored with them yet JP, Ive still got several more coming ;D ;D ;D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

cool azz piece there vincer.

5. take em

take em New Member

I have not posted in a while, been way busy! here is a few that I've been working on, that I had a chance to take pictures of.

6. bird artist

bird artist New Member

Gorgeous mount GC! Another mtn quail on wrapped body, trying to finish them up before they go freezer burn! Little babsitting left on her as she dries.
    aaron

7. My contribution to the BOTW. Here are my birds from this past weekends State Show. Also here's one of a bird that I've been working on for a while. Let me know what you think. Josh

8. Last pic. Sorry for the poor picture quality. Josh

9. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Me likes much very boids pretty cool nice!!!

10. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Nothing but COOL!!!!!!!!!!

11. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

exvellent boids me like to again!

12. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

bird artist you are a true quail master! I mount a few hundred pen raised blues and bobs a year, but will not even attempt to do one standing. yikes. I asume by your frequent postings do enough to keep you in good practice ;).

Josh, the wood duck piece is stellar!. great birds everyone!

here is one of the MANY divers I cranked out this weekend (over 20).... It gets frustrating when wholesale birds start to look the same as customer birds. I almost didnt deliever him yesterday :)

That said, I need a break so Im going fishing today...:):):)

13. vincer

vincer New Member

What a beautiful buffle head.

14. bird artist

bird artist New Member

GC- wholesale butterball you say? he is very tight and smooth, and over 20 in a wknd? that's crazy insane, there's no way I could do that many, in a week even!
    aaron

15. bird artist, I'm sure Gulf Coast WF means he finished 20 this weekend. Otherwise he's obviously sold his soul to the devil! (Very nice buffy GCWF)

16. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

aw cmon,,,,ten birds a day piece o cake!! ! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ::)

17. Brian

Brian Active Member

that bufflehead is amazing. wow. great job............

18. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

LOL, Actually.... 24 over 2 days. 18 on saturday and 6 more on sunday. :(

Friday morning.... got a call...

I had a guy that dropped off a wholoesale order for a lodge in Dec. that I had accedently marked COMPLETED back in march. woops! HE was VERY understanding and I told him I would get them to him asap. To make matters worse several birds still had to be preped and washed, so I washed, tumbled, and ziplocked my victims for a fresh start on saturday. I carved/preped my foam bodies friday evening and set out everything I needed over my 4 large tables, got crankin 'bout 7am saturday morning and did as many as possible until 1am sunday morning. got up sunday and did the other 6...finished out 14 of the standing mounts sunday evening. mounted 3 woodducks last night and still have not had the chance to finish my wood rail! sheesh!!

Like I said, I needed a day off so ...... went to the lake with my 2 buds...
    know this is BOTW but oh well, here is a good day.

19. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

GulfcoastWF, Looks like you had a good day. Just what you need more work cleaning fish ;D ;D ;D ;D. Sounds like you need to take a day and get caught up on some sleep. Crankin out that many birds has to cut into the wee mornings. Good luck on your order and love the Buffle.

20. GulfcoastWF

GulfcoastWF New Member

lol, I cleaned those 5 hours ago and now Im finishing up some pheasants ...sigh. Is there a 12 step program for bird taxidermy addicts??? :p