1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird of the Week# 26 Year 2

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Taxi-lover, Jun 30, 2008.

1. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

Dang it Igor, taxos and Ludvik very nice boids

2. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

thanks! hey peter, that would be a niiiice one for your collection! they are such cool birds, them nutcrackers!

3. ludvik

ludvik beginner taxidermist :-)

hey Taxos!! it will stay in my collection ;) ;)

ole cm

4. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Here is a golden.

5. 2wbdft

2wbdft Member

Beautiful work everybody...

That Golden Eagle is fantastic! excellent attitude in the face!!

6. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

verry nice eagle!!

7. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Hey ludvik, that one should be in my collection!!! ;D I started collecting corvids not so long ago and I still need a nutcracker ;) Nice bird again.

8. mark11

mark11 now accepting new wholesale clients

This is my first attempt at posting pictures, hope this works, ross goose done a few years ago flash made the feet and bill colors look bright [​IMG]

9. Wildthings

Wildthings Well-Known Member

yep... hit the image tags again and be sure to put the url address in between them

10. sidekick

sidekick New Member

Falco...unbelievable eagle!!! :eek:...love to see the raptors. Ludvik...any chance we could see pics of your collection....I'd love to see a collection of small birds.

11. ludvik

Now i understand way Taxos write your name Peter lol :D think he writed wrong ::).
    anyway it is not fit in your colection :).

sidekick i have not so big collection yet :( not many birds into it :) and not many small birds yet. it is not so long time i stared to collection.
    now i am at work so will try to post up a photo of it when i get time ;)

ole cm

12. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

haha ludvik, now you know! some nutcrackers are held in aviarys, but wild ones are much nicer! are they huntable over where you live?

13. snowhare

snowhare New Member

He Taxos,

The Barn Owl looks great to me , and i like to see them mounted in any way , cause they CRAP on my car , my fishing rods and the rest in my barn , so Stuff them all please

And about the White Crested Loeri , you are right about , not seeing the red in the wings at all , maby just about 5 mm
    And i know , i mounted hundreds of them , in total 32 different sp ,

GRT J

14. taxos

taxos Finches, Buntings

thanks snowhare!

15. ludvik

HI Taxos.
    they are not huntable her. :(
    this was a road killed bird. my taxifriend had get in of a guy some had found it on the road and asked him if it was somthing he coud use :)
    so the only thing you need to do whit them here is registration it. so my taxi friend do it for me and i mount it into his shop. ;D
    and get it to my collection.

ole cm

16. JBird

JBird Member

another spectacular week - can't really choose a favorite - truly enjoyed them all. That eagle sure stands out. I was able to do some waterfowl this last week - its been a while for me - I really enjoyed it - out of the batch this was my favorite

[​IMG]

17. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Thanks for the compliments folks,, thats nice of you,,, I`ll try to post some more pix. its hard to notice before I mention,, but that eagle is missing a foot,, go back and see it again,, I positioned the bird like 3D pose so the missing foot is not obvious,, when you hang it on wall .
    The bird was hit on the road and the foot was broekn off but still attached to the bird with a thin skin,,,, the bird keeps hopping around on one foot and eventually starved to death,, by the time I got it,, the hanging foot was all dried up and rotten. It worked out alright though.