1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The kinda things I deal with daily.....

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by *, Jun 30, 2008.

1. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

2. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

can't wait to see the rest!

3. RDA

RDA Active Member

SSSHHHOOOT man, that looks like the normal way back when!!! ;) ;D ;D Its lucky you have a Very Skilled Finish Department ;) ;D
  4. *

I remeber putting whole legs on Duikers, making them out of clay, and taking three jackals to make one , them where the days ;D
  5. buckhunting101

buckhunting101 Hides N Stuff Taxidermy

Could you agree with the customer on a pose that would hide that whole leg.Maybe some good habitat.Just a thought.
  6. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Saying something so I'll be sure to see the finished pictures...but dang...I bet that hurt. :p You're earning your money on that one (and then some) Dennis. ;)
  7. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

lol that is EXACTLY why I commented in this thread Lisa! LOL
  8. Kevin M.

Kevin M. New Member

9. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

yea me too. i know Denis can do it tho. can't wait to see it finished.
  10. Man thats nasty, I'm sure you will make it good though ;) Josh
  11. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

I doesn't look like much is missing, just separated. If you get it a little thinner with a skiving knife and work out the puzzle it should be fixable. I think it will work out OK. Better cut down on the circumference of the foot on that mannikin. Or just cut it off and shape it with Apoxy sculpt.
  12. *

Hi Rick, lot of it missing.
    Look at pic 2 it shows stitchng as far as I can go on back of leg. front of leg at ankle is mostly there but below the ankle to the toes is GONE
    what you see is about the closest that it comes together below the ankle.
    It's togehter now drying more pics tonight.
    It's in a jumping custom made pose both front legs are two feet offf the ground no to shave it down, if your talking about shaving the form and still make legs lok same size.
    I've dealt with worse, this will make it OKAY
  13. hahahaaa god .. all i can say is just do the best you can repairing it and hide the rest with habitat
  14. ChadF

ChadF New Member

can you post a pic of the whole mount with the missing leg
  15. *

brushwolf, no habitat will used to hide it, the type of pose and base will not work for that.
    Pics of completed mount will be posted
    Tonight repaired leg and clay work
    It will not be finished but you will see where i'm at with it.
  16. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

What are you complaining for ??? You still have the pads!! Jeesh!! ;D LMAO ;)
  17. well .. cant wwait to see the repair job.... the closest thing i have on that is some guy gave me a black squirrel to mount and he tryed to do the skining himself and cut off one back foot and part of the tail
  18. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I look forward to seeing the finished pictures. It would be cool to hear how you go about fixing that mess up. It is amazing to see the kind of damage that can be repaired in the right hands.
  19. AWT

AWT "Preserving all God's creatures"

Holy cow! Or should I say hyena? Good luck Dennis. Can't wait to see the results.
  20. Wow..can't wait to see...amazing stuff....Mike. ;)