1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

TAXIDERMIST WARNING

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by BUFF, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Buff, as you can see, these guys have real concerns about how other taxidermists, especially in Texas, are going to be viewed because of this. None of them really wants to add more stories of what they have experienced with Mike, but the facts are fact. These are truly decent guys. Yet they all realize that you do need to warn others too. You seem like a stand up guy. I hope youll visit some of these other Texas taxidermsts in the near future. I should think with your character and manner that youll be welcome in any of these guys studios.

2. Shannon

Shannon New Member

I don't think you Texas guys have much to worry about with this reflecting bad on you. Anyone with any common sense knows just because one guy screwed up, doesn't mean all of you would act the same way.

I don't know why, but I've thought about this quite abit today, while working on a deer. I feel bad for Buff. I'm kinda bummed also about Artwild create. I've always enjoyed seeing his work posted here, and have complimented him several times on his stuff. Seeing some of his pieces has really inspired me at times. Regardless what/how things went down, I still think the guy is a very talented taxidermist. Too bad for all involved.

3. TexasTaxi

TexasTaxi Member

Butler was back online yesterday at 5:56 PM and didn't respond to this thread! If he's not guilty, he's sure not making an attempt to defend himself.

4. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

I am not going to respond to this on here. You can crucify me on here if you want, but I refuse to argue on here. I am having enough problems without getting into a "he said, she said" pissing contest on here. I have made some bad choices in my life, and some I regret every day. Kevin Chovanetz " texastaxi" has made it his goal in life to bring grief upon me every chance he gets.. He got involved in this situation and did nothing but make it worse. That is all I am going to say about this matter on here.

5. artwildcreate

artwildcreate Don't look at me.....

Maybe I should try to explain, for those that like me on here, my side to the story.. I did receive the deposit from Buff in mid October of '07. The tannery did not have the hides tanned until mid April '08. I did not have the funds to pay that tanning bill, and was working towards it. When he was ready for the mounts, I did ask for the balance. My every intention was to use the balance to get the hides and mannikins, and to complete the work. It was, Texastaxi, that told him that the hides were still at the tannery, and probably scared him into believing that I was up to no good. I HAVE NEVER STOLEN A SINGLE ANIMAL FROM ANYONE!!! I may have been slow in getting the mount out, and I may have had problems getting a tanning bill paid, but I have never stolen someone's trophy. I even had a problem with some checks to supply comanies, but I have cleared alot of them up. I am continuing to try to right the wrongs in my past, but can't do it all over night.

On a personal level, I was just in the hospital for my health. I am a type 2 diabetic with high blood pressure. I am having migraines that would floor an elephant. This past Monday afternoon, my mental health crashed. My mind was racing in 1,000 different directions. I would cry uncontrollably, then be instantly filled with rage. I locked the doors to the shop. I sent my brother and sister a text message telling them I was sorry for not being a better brother. I then started to write letters to my family and friends. I was preparing to end it all that night. My brother was alarmed by the text message. He called the local PD, and they came to the shop. They had a locksmith open the front door, and in they came. I am now getting help, so that I don't let my mind convince me that suicide is the only answer. I have been put on Lexapro for my depression, and more meds for migraines. I am sorry if I have let any of you down, but is it worth my life? After talking to the doctor, I think I have been messed up mentally for a long time. I was just strong enough to hide it whenever I was around people. The Depression explains why I did a lot of the things I have done. With that being said, it is not your pity I am after, just your compassion and understanding.....

6. pyeager1

pyeager1 Active Member

Mike, I'm moved by that story and glad to hear you are trying to get on the right track. It takes a strong man to tell the world what you just did. You could have easily just have dissapeared and kept running from your problems, but instead chose to try to righten your wrongs. Hopefully you and the parties involved can work towards an agreement. Suicide is never the answer to one's problems, only a cowards way out of a situation. Take care and I hope to here only good things coming out of this.

7. Mason

Mason Active Member

Very well said Perry,
    My thoughts exactly. I have fits of depression also. Scary at times. But no one likes a quitter. Glad you chose not to.

Mason

8. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

take care of yourself and ask for Patience. depression is not something that anyone wants to deal with.
    Perry hit it on the head.
    good luck

9. jasonb

jasonb I think I'll keep her

Mike right now you need to get yourself better I know for a FACT that depression is no fun and the thoughts that go through a depressed persons head will scare everyone around them, I'm glad you are getting help MP said it first you are a very talented artist and we would all hate to lose you.

10. TexasTaxi

TexasTaxi Member

My goal in life is not to "bring grief upon you". Your personal choices are what brings you grief.

I do however make it a point to keep others from getting screwed the way you screwed me and countless others. If you will dig deep into you suppressed memories, you will recall a time when I took you into my home and tried to help you get your life back on track. That was at least 5 years ago, and at that time you told me that you were going to change on your own, but nothing has. I even offered to let you pay your debt to me through contract work, which you never could make the time to do.

Even in your last ditch efforts to save your reputation, you tell even more lies ... you have personally told me that you SOLD skins that belonged to one of your BEST CLIENTS. If you dispute this, I can also give his name, what you sold and who you sold it to.

Michael, in order for you to get better, the LIES HAVE GOT TO STOP!

11. RDA

RDA Active Member

I must chime in here, no longer able to pinch my lip......Ive known and known about Micheal Butler for a long time,,,,, and nothing has changed...Micheal,, you give us all a bad reputation and we all suffer because of the way you conduct yourself.....Then you post a ridiculous story begging for pity while telling us you want no pity....No one has an easy or perfect life, but we dont use that as a feeble excuse for screwing over legions of people....Sorry, but you even made an attempt to screw me once...Go ahead and zap this Bill, but I had to any how only so much Im willing to swallow.......Its SSDD.....

12. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

FYI The Cody taxidermist mentioned here is not me, I do however have several long timeTexas clients. Anyway after reading these posts all I can think of is the old saying "Oh what a tangled web we weave when at first we try to deceive." It is very hard in many cases to love our neighbor as we love ourselves and forgive our trespasses as we forgive others that trespass against us. Very difficult indeed. There has to be and there are consequences for poor judgement, bad and illegal actions. I sure hope this all works out for the best.

13. c01274

c01274 New Member

I didnt see a reply to my post on the hot check.
    Nor any phone calls.
    Are you not trying to fix that one.

14. BUFF

BUFF New Member

I have no compasion for you at all. You stole $5000.00 dollars from me, I have no reason to believe you would not have stolen a second $5000.00 from me as well, if I had sent it to you. Any person, who was not a crook would have told me they blew my deposit and had me get the hides out and buy the forms. You were only after more money.

15. TEXASTAXI......call me....i need my base...and i've lost your number.....!!!

i almost took a pair of locked up whitetail to the guy to help me alter the forms.....good thing i didn't...!!!! ;D

16. TexasTaxi

TexasTaxi Member

No resolution yet?

17. gab

gab Active Member

I talked to cO1274 yesterday,still no answer on hot check

18. catman

catman Active Member

How about that Ken Griffey Jr. 605 home runs, now that's something to cheer about!