1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bad day in the shop

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Nina Lukaszewicz, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

I know every one of you have experienced a crappy day in the shop some time or another. Today nothing seemed to go right. My dad and I have a set of reproduction antlers that needed to be repaired. Nice, big non typical. One of the antlers was busted off at the pedicle, which wouldn't have happened if the person we bought it from would have taken the time to pack it securely before shipping it. We drilled multiple holes and tried fixing it with decking screws and epoxy, but the dumb antler kept cracking. Finally we have it just about fixed, but I'm not touching it for 24 hrs, just letting it cure. I was also shaving a tanned bobcat skin and managed to cut the one part that's most important, the face. I made a tear going up the side of the nose. I also had trouble with finding the right tools for the antler repair and now my shop is a mess...But Im so frustrated right now that don't feel like cleaning it :p

2. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Go swimming little bit, it's summer time!!

3. Nina Lukaszewicz

I wish I could. Too bad my grandparents (who live next door) didn't open their pool this year. :(

4. michael p.

Find a creek!!! ;) ;D

5. Poor Girl :'( I know the feeling very well... ;) Josh

6. RDA

RDA Active Member

THAT IS NOTHING>>>Heres a bad day,, yesterday the newowner of the shops i rent came by to see when I was going to "be out"????????????????????? The new owner had told the guy Im subleasing from three months ago that we needed to be out, as the shops were going to be redone for a new business...I had not heard a wrord of this till yesterday. Ive spent the last six months putting this shop together- just got all my advertisements done and now have an address i will no longer be at....Now thats a bad day............................... :p :-\ :'(

7. Nina Lukaszewicz

sorry to hear that RDA. :(

8. RDA

RDA Active Member

Tanx!!! just another curve ball- seen many and will eventually get pat this one as well!!!! ;) :-\ :D

9. michael p.

You always have a good attitude, does it have something to do with the lizard ??? LOL

10. RDA

RDA Active Member

Yes indeed the lizard calms and protects!!! And is my favorite wittle animule ;D ;D

11. Can I have your lizard RDA?

12. RDA

RDA Active Member

UUUHHHHHH wellll eeeerrrr uuuuhhhh ;D ;D ;D whut?? ;D ;D The lizard is not very far away from you seek and you shall find!!!! ;) ;D

13. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

If you were near me we have space available from 900 square feet up to 2800. Move right in.

14. RDA

RDA Active Member

im in a 1600' right now which is barely big enough--im hoping for a rhino or two down the road... ;D ;D ;D We have LOTs of commercial stuff available, its just that moving the entire shop twice in six months is gonna be a groan ;D ::)

15. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I know that all too well. First time we have ever had to wait for a tenant. Usually it rents out immediately.

16. You are right!! I went to the garrage and there it was! :eek: :eek: I instantly felt the power of the lizard.......then my Jack Russell saw the lizard, she seemed immune to the lizards power. I now must find another. :p

17. RDA

RDA Active Member

then search on for the lizard awaits ;) ;D

18. Hey! Did that lizard slip past the rabbit? Man, that thing is sneaky....

19. Shannon

Shannon New Member

Are you guys gonna turn this into another lizard post? I really enjoy those!

20. RDA

RDA Active Member

nnaaww just a brief slip....... ;) But Sunshine Lizard productions is always working on another adventure,,, so stay tuned to this channel!!! ;) ;D ;D