1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

North Florida School of Taxidermy, July

Discussion in 'Training' started by northflorida, Jul 4, 2008.

1. northflorida

northflorida New Member

John hard at work, his first deer.

2. northflorida

northflorida New Member

Time to dry.

3. northflorida

northflorida New Member

I found time to do my own Deer

4. northflorida

northflorida New Member

Finished Deer by John

5. northflorida

northflorida New Member

Barbara finished Deer

6. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

dang that deer has a long skinny neck...

7. :eek: That's what I'm talk'in about!!

8. Wow those deer look ruff :eek:

9. NWRIGHT

NWRIGHT New Member

and this is a school?

10. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

You people are very RUDE :-[ :-[ :-[

11. northflorida

northflorida New Member

Group of Deer at are shop.Webb page of more and what we offer and are experiences www.schooloftaxidermy.net

12. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

not rude, HONEST.

13. northflorida

northflorida New Member

let me see some of your work. This is your opinion.

14. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

I don't normally reply to a post such as this, but I am tired of "Taxidermy Schools" turning out hacks right and left. I don't claim to be a "teacher" and as such I refuse many chances to make easy money from people who don't have any respect for what we do, they just think taxdermy is "neat" and think they could learn to be a taxidermist and make lots of money. LOL. Don't get me wrong, there are some good taxidermy schools out ther, it's the ones that show work of quality that doesn't even begin to look close to the reference pics I see, and are proud of it, that get under my skin. I guess if you can't do-then teach. I think anyone who teaches, should be able to replicate reference pics to at least a high quality commercial level. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't teach, If you have the skills, just be sure when you do show pics of your work, that the work exceeds the work put out by most of the average commercial studios nowdays. I mean, curled ear edges, soloid black noses, lips painted black, ears on the neck-not the skull where they belong, these are mistakes beginners make. Not mistakes someone qualified to teach make. Here's some pcs of my work. Please feel free to speak what you see. i only compare my work to the living, not what I see as "okay" or "good enough" in my memory. I'll be the first to admit I have a long way to go, thats why I don't teach. But I can put out a good commercial quality piece, in most areas. My "site addy is inmy signature, feel free to check there for more pics also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

Thats some fine work Jeff. Earbutts, eyes, nostrils all look very good.
    Not all schools turn out "hacks" as you put it, and some are very good and worth the time, money and effort expended to attend and learn.
    I do agree with you that SOME of them arent teaching much of anything properly, just basic slap em together mounts with no emphasis on proper details.
    It pays to do some research, check references and ask a lot of questions when trying to nail down the right school.

16. J. Sonner

J. Sonner New Member

Anyone else? Anyone..............................anyone....................................................Anyone? I didn't think so.

17. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Nice Jeff I really like the Redhead Group.

18. TD

TD My GGG Grandfather John "Tanner John" King b 1820

Yes .........I would have responded back had I not been out of town Jeff.........Your work looks nice...........but............Rude is when you walk in some one elses house and tell them that it stinks.............So maybe you were honest but you were
    also RUDE................Sorry that's just how I see it..............

19. northflorida

northflorida New Member

Some of the work that has been done.

20. nibjones

nibjones Join your States Taxidermy Assoc.

I have to agree, with Jeff. This schools work has a lot to be desired to turn out nice, alive looking pieces. Also Jeff, your work looks, very nice. However, I also agree with Tom, it is rude to come in here and start bashing. I realize, I am doing the same thing but, being on a public forum and full of personal opinions, this is our right, to do so. I would also say, that "schools" should post there work and if people with experience see something wrong, they should point it out. This should help someone who has no idea, what they should look for in a school.