1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Lifesize Mammal of the Month #4 (7/08-8/08)

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Doylestudio, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Wow very nice cat!!!!

2. trapper john

trapper john New Member

This bobcat was mounted by Kevin Petersen Autumn Pride Taxidermy.

3. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

The face of that puma looks real!

4. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I just finished this otter that I had in the freezer for over a year. I learned a great deal from advice and comments here on the forum that helped me with this project which I really enjoyed doing. This one goes into my own personal trophy room. Thanks all!

Mike

5. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

I like the wet look on that otter... Very neat looking, like he just slide up out of the water :)
    That Puma is just awesome.

6. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

The "wet look" was a first attempt for me. I picked up the tip on how to do it here on the forum, but don't remember from who. It was hair gel and it really does look like he just walked out of the water. Its amazing what you can learn here and I for one am very appreciative of the help.

Mike

7. Ring tailed lemur won 2007 Best of Show at the Canadian Taxidermy Competition

In Canada the red ribbon is a first place and in the US as you all know it would be blue. We have to be different.

8. Wow thats one nice looking one there Daniel Callan

9. Alan B

Alan B Member

Bobcat I just finished, customer wants to put one of his flying mountain quail in paw

10. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Alan,
    Like your bobcat, soft looking.
    Habitat is pretty sharp as well. Show us the completed pic with "bird in hand".

11. crankin

crankin New Member

WI
    Alan i like that bobcat! TnT nice looking cougar

12. Alan B

Alan B Member

Thanks guys, actually Timberland it is completed for me anyway the customer wants to attach the bird himself :-\

13. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Here's a Tahr I just finished

14. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

That tahr looks nice, what form did you use?

15. Michael Shipman

Michael Shipman Killen Merriams in SD

Thanks It was the only form Van Dykes has. I did allot of altering on it as for position but it was the closest to the size I could find

16. Well my picture isn't great but here is my fisher. I think I bought this thing when I started taxidermy and finally got around to mounting it this year. The best part is that is is on MY wall.... ;D

I haven't done a piece for ME in at least 2 years. It feels good to treat yourself once in a while! LOL

To everyone who has posted thank you for sharing such fantastic work!

[​IMG]

17. BillFromPa

BillFromPa Active Member

Sandy, the fisher is awesome. I was fortunate enough to see it at the GSTA show and the pictures do not do it justice. Great job.

18. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

I like the Fisher as well. Wish I could have seen it in person. Pictures rarely do justice, but that 1st place ribbon in the Professional Division sure does a good job of telling how good of a mount it is! ;D

19. Great looking fisher you got there. Josh

20. Nina Lukaszewicz

Nina Lukaszewicz Outdoor Dreams Taxidermy

very nice work everyone!