1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Antler repair cost

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Don Z, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Don Z

Don Z Taxidermist,bowhunter, trapper,family man.

What are some prices you folks charge to repair antlers? Do you base it on so much per inch etc? I have never done it and have no idea what to charge.
  2. shinbone

shinbone New Member

ive never done it myself but the going price in my area ia $10/inch

3. Jon S

Jon S Active Member

I charge $25 per broken tine. I don't know what I would charge to do a whole antler - heck I probably couldn't do it anyway.
  4. mcole

mcole New Member

$5 to $10 for supplies and then (your hourly rate) x the amount of time it takes you repair the antler.
  5. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

I know a guy that charges $25 per inch - he hates doing them, LOL.
    I charge $30 for the first tine, $20 each additional. I don't like doing them either, if they didn't like it, they shouldn't have shot it.
  6. btaylor

btaylor Guest

I charge $25. a inch, 8-12 months turn out. I charge $30. a inch 4-8 month turn out and $35. a inch for 1-4 month. I charge $40. a inch on any brow tine repair. It's not hard doing the repair, the hardest part is matching the colors.
  7. my taxidermist charget me a base on $20 then five dollars an inch added on.
  8. bw

bw New Member

$8 an inch....$25 minimum.
  9. Matt

Matt Active Member

$45 minimum., 15/In. If you charge by the tine, you might be repairing a 12" tine for pennies.
  10. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Everyone in my area charges by the tine, but after seeing the responses on here, I think I may just change how I charge. I don't mind the actual tine rebuilding, but I hate trying to get the color to match.
  11. repair broken tines are $15 per inch and staining is based on size of rack.
  12. I charge 50$ +5$per inch, the hardest part is blending the repairs. heres one the guy unknowingly drag it down the road for a ways before someone pulled him over . half one side was gone as well as part of the nose
  13. Tork

Tork Save the Tundra - "Kill Whitey"

I just got done with my first repair. Fixed about 5 inches of a main beam and 5 in. of brow tine with apoxie sculpt. I did it in conjunction with a Euro mount and only charged the customer $160 for the whole thing. From the sounds of things, I probablly didn't get enough for my time. I am a bird taxidermist just getting going in some skull and antler mounting work. I will definitely agree with the fact that it is difficult to match the colors. I air brushed, stained, air brushed and stained again before I got it to look pretty close.
  14. I charge $40 for the first tine and $25 for each additinal point repaired. These prices are for normal sized tines. If the repair involves an extreemly long point or a main beem repair, then I charge more. I basically won't quote a price on antler repair until I see the antlers.
  15. Dan Bond

Dan Bond New Member

I charge 2x the supplies plus my hourly shop rate for the time the repair took.