1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bucket Heater

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Northern Skulls, Jul 9, 2008.

1. This is the bucket heater a few of you were wondering about, i purchased it our local farm n fleet.

2. another pic inside

3. The tub i use it in.

4. the specs label

5. Mathewsman_15

Mathewsman_15 New Member

Thanks Northern!

6. no prob, sorry it took so long for the pics!! :-[

7. bigbuck07

bigbuck07 New Member

do u not need a lid to keep it warm in there?

8. We use that heater to heat up water in 5 gallon buckets in our carpet cleaning business when we cannot retrieve hot water. It is a lifesaver when you need hot water. It will heat up water to 160 degrees in about 15 minutes in a 5 gallon bucket, the water will start boiling in about 30 minutes. You have to keep the water about 2" from the top square box, it cannot get wet. If you submerge the top you will be electrocuted when you touch the water. I would not recommend you leave this for long periods of time unattended. It is not designed for long term submersion. It is a temporary quick fix for hot water. I would not leave it over night or for days on end. Just trying to give you some information that you don't know. Hope this helps.

9. I would like one that get HOT like that but i can just leave that sucker in there for as long as i want. (I'd also like to not be shocked lol)

10. I've never had it boil, the bucket i use is 20gal, and can leave it in for like 6 to 8 hours and no problems. The box said only 180degree max for the heater.

11. you can buy them at sun-belt USA 1-800-334-8418---www.sun-beltusa.com bucket heater sb742s $44.96--180 degree is right
    my bad--just becareful with them.

12. i buy mine right here in town for $30. But that is prob the same thing tho, ya, if its warm outside you gotta keep a closer eye the temp, but thats why i use the bigger bucket, more heads fit in it and easier to keep the heat lower.

13. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    We use the same bucket heater. You can wire up a thermostat to it and set the desired tempature so it doesnt get too hot. its automatic. works great.

14. mahatma

mahatma Vertex

Texas
    That looks a lot like what we use to use to keep stock tanks from freezing in the winter. I will stop in at our farm store today and see what a current one looks like now.

15. bb, what kind of thermostat do you use?

16. brigham boy

brigham boy "if it's horny, mount it"

utah
    i beleive you can use pretty much any thermostat at a hard ware store. my father in law had one laying around and he wired it up for me ill try and remember tomorow to take some pics and get some more info on what type. but it works great we have been doing alot of buffalo skulls and the amount of water in are barrel is way too much for a fish tank heater but with this bucket heater and the thermo. it keeps the water at 95 all day long.