1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need ideas to finish this mount out

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mike welch, Jul 12, 2008.

1. This mount has not been finished,I know it needs to be painted and waxed, Was looking for ideas on connecting these two animals together. Its a fighting chicken and a grey fox. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. use an old fence post behind the chicken

3. RDA

RDA Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would run a leg wire from one of the birds feet into the foxs front leg, and attach it like the bird is grabbing the fox...... Looks cool! ;)

4. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

I'm thinking "Hmmmmmmmmmmmm what's for dinner?!? Chicken sounds good!" :D

You've got monofilament holding up the bird right now huh? You might build one corner of a chicken coop. The wire & fence post ideas are good too though. This is part of what I love about taxidermy. SO MANY ideas to bring to life! ;)

5. an old fence post with some chicken wire would be great ..and a chicken coop. all great ideas

6. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

Id use dirt or straw on the "floor" and also maybe put a chicken feeder and/or a nest box with some eggs in it. So it gives the idea of the fox in the hen house... Very nice piece, love the whole idea of it...

7. I agree with the ideas that were posted. I was thinking maybe some old barn boards together to look like a wall with some old straw on the ground.

8. Thanks for the ideas, I like the coop, and old barn wood, hen house idea. See I was stuck on the wire out the foot of fox and to the chicken, never thought of makeing it like the corner of hen house, or even chicken wire. Thats why I love the site! thanks again everyone Ill post pictures when its finished.

9. Bobbi Meyer

Bobbi Meyer I luv to ride my tricycle, I luv to ride my trike

can't wait