1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Fish Taxidermy Video

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by bowhtr003, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bowhtr003

bowhtr003 New Member

What is a really good training video on DVD for fish taxidermy? I'm want to start with my first bass. Thanks!!

2. I would start with a bream they are plentiful and there is a great video breakthru bluegill(bream) mounting a to z with jimmy byrd

3. http://www.americantaxidermyonline.com/fish.htm

4. bowhtr003

bowhtr003 New Member

Thanks for the info. I've practiced skinning on a few so far and ready to try my luck at the mounting process. I've seen it done but never attempted one for myself.

5. blkbearklr

blkbearklr Yep I am retired living off my sugar mama!!!

I have started buying videos also, I have Tom Sexton, Jeff Lumsden and other ones, the best I have seen so far is the Rick Krane videos he goes step by step and really lets you understand what is going on and how you should be doing it, another good one to learn from is Dennis Rinehart hope this helps you.

Joe

6. bowhtr003

bowhtr003 New Member

Thanks Joe. What branch did you retire from? I've got almost 23 yrs Navy now. I'll probably retire at either 25 or 26.

7. blkbearklr

Was in the Army, 22 years 3 months and 4 days. And trust me retirement is awesome, nothing better to do then sit around hunt when you want to and relax.

Joe

8. bowhtr003

bowhtr003 New Member

Now you really have me looking forward to retirement. Is taxidermy just something for you to feel in the day and make a few bucks from? By being active duty still I really have no time to do any. I'm just practicing on my own kill or catch at this time. I am looking forward to my own business later own though if I feel I'm good enough. George

9. blkbearklr

George

Yes as of right now taxidermy is just filling in my time, I started my own business but waiting for the customers to
    come pouring in so for right now just buying racks and capes and putting them together and having fun with them.

I am doing a grooming deer next

Joe

10. bowhtr003

bowhtr003 New Member

Well good luck with it. I hope that your business turns out very successful for you. Let me know how things go!! George