1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by kbauman, Jul 17, 2008.

1. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    June 25th through 27th, 2009
    26th Annual Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention
    Crowne Plaza Hotel, Oklahoma City, OK
    Contact <A HREF="mailto:[email protected]">Kenneth Bauman</A> at (405) 247-5711 or visit the <A HREF="http://www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com/" target="_blank">OKTA website</A>.

The OKTA has set their location and date for the 26th Annual Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention & Competition. The site once again will be the Crowne Plaza Hotel in OKC. The date will be June 25-27, 2009. Judges for the convention will be Bill Yox of NY - Whitetails, Jody Green of IL - Gameheads and Lifesize and Joe Kaiser of AR - Birds & Fish. Besides these three individuals presenting seminars, Larry Ellis, Micheal Beckman, Jim Pitts & Steve Loveland are scheduled to give seminars. You can always check out the OKTA website for the most current information on the association. www.oklahomataxidermistsassociation.com

2. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK
    This show is approaching quickly. We welcome all the taxidermy.net family to attend. If you need a brochure or would just like to check it out, visit the OKTA website and look under Upcoming OKTA events. Click on the convention and it should take you to the brochure. If you are plan on going. The United Taxidermist Association has sponsored one more seminar. UTA member Tra Dunham will present a Whitetail Finishing Techniques seminar. Don't forget to book your rooms ASAP, because the do fill up quickly. Hotel Info: Crowne Plaza Hotel 2945 Northwest Expy Oklahoma City, OK 73112 - (405) 848-4811. Hope to see everyone there.

3. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Who is all going to the Oklahoma Show?

My buddy Russ has talked me into going to the Oklahoma Show. I will drive to his place on the 23rd and head out to OKIE. Been years since I have been in Oklahoma and I think I am going to love this trip. As you all know Russ is also the Oklahoma Ambassador for Hunt Of A Lifetime and he takes care of quite a few states alone. Make sure you all come by the booth to see Russ and me. We'll have some great things going on for sure. Ok now that I got that all out. Who's going to OKIE TO HAVE SOME FUN! Dan ;D

4. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Re: Who is all going to the Oklahoma Show?

I hope we can sign up an Oklahoma resident to "take over" the state of Oklahoma for us Dan. If anyone is interested in getting involved with Hunt of a Lifetime and being a possible ambassador for your state, please contact me or come see me at the booth in the oklahoma show.

HEY DAN i will be there ;D

5. BWS

BWS New Member

We will be there! ;D

6. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

when is the oklamoma show? hopefully I can make it this year.

7. Russ of V.O.W.T

http://www.taxidermy.net/information/events1.html

june 25, 26, and 27

8. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

sorry for the typo. Oklahoma.
    on my cell heading to new mexico

9. Dangitboy

Dangitboy Member

thanks russ. have to check my work schedule and vacation time left

10. Re: Who is all going to the Oklahoma Show?

To many shows to close together, sometimes you have to pick the ones you can afford to go to.

11. Tricia

Tricia New Member

I soooo hear ya on that one. Between KAT, WTC, NTA, MO and a couple others that aren't taxidermy related, I'm about all tapped out. So ya'll are just gonna have to find some other poor soul to pick on. :p I'd love to see some of ya'll again, but you'll have to come to Huntsville in July or Jeff City in August for that to happen. ;) Until then, I'm in the shop or the studio getting ready for the next show. :D

12. Russ of V.O.W.T

Tricia, i am dragging dan to the oklahoma show, and to the missouri show, you will get to see the hunch back at least ONE more time ;D

sorry dan, i knew she needed a smile buddy ::)

13. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

I really wish I could be there---I LOVED this show. A great, friendly group of guys that are fun to hang around with.

I am hopefull That I get back there soon unfortunately it cannot be this year.

14. Russ of V.O.W.T

where all are you going to be taken to this season, as a judge or competitor gary ?

15. Natgearman

Natgearman New Member

We will be there, its always a great show !!!!!!!!!!!

16. Russ of V.O.W.T

see ya soon randy, in fact in about 4 days ;) and apparantly again in a week or so after that LOL

17. GBRUCH

GBRUCH "I am nothing without christ".....John 15:5

Russ this year I judged or will be jufging Michigan,Wyoming,WTC,Texas, and the Eastern Regional show in Maryland.
    As a competitor I will not be going anywhere this year ....but..... I am working on some pieces for some shows next season.

I am thinking bout entering possibly Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio and maybe even return to PA.

18. Russ of V.O.W.T

well, i am going to be at another show the weekend of Texas this year, so i wont be able to get there, but i would like to come to PA next year, maybe i will see you there, thats the only one on your "schedule" for the remainder of this year or next year i will be able to get to besides my usual MO, AR, OK, LA and hopefully surry and PA next year.

19. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

I'm going to try to get to OK on Friday for the day so that I can meet some of y'all!

20. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

DEE CEE I'll PM you. Hope to see you there.

"Tricia, i am dragging dan to the oklahoma show, and to the missouri show, you will get to see the hunch back at least ONE more time

sorry dan, i knew she needed a smile buddy"

Russ you suck! LOL My beard is completely back and I have lost 12 pounds since WTC! LOL Wonder if you all won't recognize me again! ;D Dan ;D