1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention 2009

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by kbauman, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Re: oklahoma taxidermy show 2009

hey Bill, my son is looking thru issue 86 of breakthrough, he found your photo in the back and laughed an said theres bill, and he HAD HAIR LMAO hope to see you again soon buddy.

Ken, i can handle myself in Hooters buddy, but anyone is welcome to come with me. ;D

2. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK

Ribbon Winners are posted at the bottom of the major award winners.

We might need to worry about the corruption of Cade's young fragile egg shell mind. He wore the same autographed Hooter's shirt around for two or three days. Heck, if I was 12 and had beautiful babes autographing my shirt, I would wear it around for 4 or 5. Way to go Cade! You da man!

3. DennisS

DennisS New Member

It had been a few years since I had been to Oklahoma, but not much has changed....they still put on a top-notch show! Good people, and the quality in the competition room was outstanding. Nice to see Kenneth, Mickey, Jim P., Andy C. etc. again, as well as meeting some new folks - Randy T., Matt and Paul to name a few (great bird work, guys)! I will be back again, and I hope to see many of you at the Kansas show next year.

Thanks again to all who helped in putting on this great show, and making the out-of-staters feel welcome.

Dennis Schumacher

4. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Dennis, youre right, wasnt it cool seeing that many accomplished names at one state show? Theres more too, Im just so dang afraid to list some and miss any. They have some of their state masters, and multiple masters, plus alot of names we all read in Breakthrough Mag.

As for Russ at Hooters, its not that you can handle yourself, your friends suggest you do that often, its that you handled pretty much everyone else at Hooters, too. Lol. Gotcha buddy.

BY THE WAY...Russ is NOT as short as everyone (MK) says ! And also, Dan Psycho was untangled finally and almost stands upright again.

5. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK

Bad news Bill, now you have officially been replaced. Tommy Hall of NC will be the whitetail judge for the 2010 Oklahoma Taxidermists Association Convention and State Championships. Only poking fun with Bill, we all know Bill is a great guy and does a great job. Dennis, it was great to see you also buddy. Andy Campbell is trying to work out something with KS where I might be able to come visit again in March. I also posted some more photos on the OKTA website.

6. wings II

wings II New Member

Dennis, I'm sorry I didn't get to hollar at you before you and the wife had to head back to Kansas. It was a pleasure for Paul and I to meet you and the wife. We really enjoyed seeing your awesome pheasants. - Matt

7. kbauman

kbauman Active Member

OK

Matt,
    You and Paul are posted on the world wide web. Thanks again for the back drop donation.

8. wings II

wings II New Member

My Pleasure Sir, if we can ever be of any help, don't hesitate to hollar. Big Congrats on the "Breakthrough Award", that freakin' fish looked like it was breathing. :eek: I will bring some of that "wrinkle out" next year. ;D

9. psycho

psycho 2011 WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Another OKLAHOMA 2009 Post!

I had a blast at this show and Ken and the board did a great job. Thank you to all the Oklahoma men and women that treated us like family. I want to thank all of you that came by the Hunt Of A Lifetime booth to hang out, help and gave donations as well. Thank you for helping our children and young adults. A HUGE thank you goes out to Jon's Wood Works in Weatherford Texas. Jon gave me a $300 base, to be raffled off at a later date. The base will be raffled off here. I will post the raffle after the Missouri show. Russ has the base in his possession right now and we will make arrangements to get it to the winner. We may have the winner pick up the shipping on it or we may be able to deliver it to a show near you. LOL Not sure about all the details on how I will run it yet but you'll know when the time is right. The base is huge and is BEAUTIFUL! I think it is about 30 x 30. I'll post pics and stuff in another thread as well.

As far as the competition goes, I think all of the judges did a fantastic job. Ken I am holding you accountable for Oklahoma and contacting McKenzie about getting us reptile gurus an award like the bird, fish and mammal guys get! LOL KERBY if you read this help me out here brother! LOL I know Ken appreciates that. LOL Really I had a GREAT time and if I can, I will be back next year! Except next year I hope to do better.

The seminars that were put on were done very well. The UTA seminar was fantastic and I really enjoyed Mike's rattlesnake seminar. (Ken a rattlesnake is a REPTILE separate creatures). LOL The judges had a wealth of info to share and I know Yox wanted to hit some of us on the back of the head and call us dummies. LOL Yox would never do that and anyone that really knows him is laughing at this point. Thanks Bill for spending the extra time on critiques with us. Every time we asked a question you were able to describe and show us photos of real deer and everything anyone would ever want to know about deer. Thank you for bringing those fantastic reference photos to share with us. I didn't have anything at the show that was judged by Jody Green but he let us pick his brain and ask questions the whole time he was there as well.

Now, I didn't take a bunch of pics but here are some I took most are crappy pics but they are still pics. Feel free to take a look at them and here is a link to the photobucket album that contains the pics. Thanks for the great info and great time. See ya all next year and I hope Oklahoma has another great list of judges.

Dan

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh2/originalpsycho/2009%20Oklahoma%20Taxidermy%20Championship/

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Re: Another OKLAHOMA 2009 Post!

Dan, you FORGOT to tell them about the election!!!

Ladies & gentleman, meet your new 2009-2010 NTA Board of Directors!!! :eek: ;D
    [​IMG]

Miranda Schlabach (board member), Dan Hudzig (vice president) Manny Chavez (Board Member), Jonathan Thornton (youth director), Bill Yox (Board member), Cade Pendergraft (kids seminar coordinator), Veronica Yox (secretary), Michael Schlabach, Dee Cee and Russ Pendergraft (board Members) & last but not least KEN BAUMAN YOUR NEW NTA LEADER AND PRESIDENT!

Everybody give a nice round of applause for Ken!!! Whoo-hoo!!

11. Re: Another OKLAHOMA 2009 Post!

Great pics Dan. I'm glad to see youns got a taxinetters pic!
    I'm still upset we didn't get one in St. Charles. :-\

12. psycho

Matt your birds are awesome my friend. I'm not a bird guy but man ole man those things were thinking about flying off. Great job and nice to meet you and Paul. Later, Dan

13. psycho

Mike the table at the board metting gave us a glare. I think the board will be able to put on one hell of a show! LOL Dan

14. wings II

wings II New Member

Dan, great meeting you and thanks for the kind words. Here's the Taxi.net group picture that Yox says never happens!! (and almost didn't :D)
    [​IMG]

15. michael p.

Cade has "Yox" eyes in that pic :)

16. michael p.

Thanks for loading the pictures so small Dan, now for the first time in my life I need glasses!

17. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

he needs to learn to use image codes huh mike LMAO i remember when I used to do that, man it is annoying LMAO

P.S. Hey "focker" i thought you was gonna call me back ::) been a while since 2pm man LMAO

18. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

Matt, it was nice to meet you. Hope we can meet up again sometime.

Josh

19. wings II

wings II New Member

Likewise Josh, we already have a lot in common, I'm a nobody too ;D (re: Josh's avatar)

20. bulldog4949

bulldog4949 "Mounting your Memories"

LOL, yes we are! lmao