1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Airbrushing!

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by RWTAXIDERMY, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Would anyone like to see a section for airbrushing, finishing mounts, technical problems, etc?

I think this would be great.

2. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    ya,i still cant get the paint to come out of the glass jar but it comes out the silver cup,have noooooooooclueeeeeeee

3. Lawdog

Lawdog New Member

Yes! This would open up a whole new can of Q and A.

4. bill@hogheaven

[email protected] New Member

Maybe someone could tell me how to throw the brush through the drywall instead of having it bounce back.

5. BWS

BWS New Member

Angle it at about 45 degrees and throw like you would a dart.....ROFL ;D

6. JL

JL Taxidermist for 64 years

Tim, look at the top of the paint jar...there should be a small vent hole in the cap. If it's plugged the paint won't come out of the cup.

7. michaelf

michaelf New Member

I really think a discussion forum on finishing,airbrushing and paint,etc would be a great asset and I think we need one. It would help alot of people avoid alot of trial and error,not that that's all bad.

8. FYI
    Anyone going to the World Show in Reno, NV.... On the Fish Carving side there is going to be a seminar put on by Bearair for about 1 1/2 hours on the A to Z of airbrushing.

A number of fish carvers had questions and problems with airbrushing and wanted general good information on airbrushing, so we asked Larry Bloomquist if he would consider having someone put on the seminar and he graciously consented so it will be available. Think it will be a good general information seminar. Maybe not for the experienced taxidermist but for the up and coming taxidermists and carvers I think it will be great.

I have also signed up for the Taxidermy side, have to see some of your seminars and your mounts, you fellows do fantastic work. Hoping to see some name tags of people I see on here.

Gene

9. Tim

Tim Olean,NY

ny
    Good ole George helped me with my air brush,there was a air pocket in the little hose in the jar,that i didn't see,it was new never used,but it works now.

10. gooseht

gooseht New Member

I don't have a lot of problems with air. But I do run my pressure to the brush most of the time at 80psi.

11. I started one over in the Beginners section ! Q&A.....
    Buck....

12. Bagger99

Bagger99 New Member

That would be good discussion and I could see a lot Q's & A's.

13. hidvalltax

hidvalltax Dont travel faster than your guardian angel can go

I think that it would be a great topic , others with problems could go just there