1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Super glue and peroxide

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Diamond S, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Diamond S

Diamond S New Member

I have been having some problems with some teeth disappearing and was wondering if I could super glue them in then soak the skull in peroxide (35%) without any ill effects or the peroxide eating the glue also or any reactions. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

reverse it, soak then glue.

3. bonez

bonez Member

PA
    they will fall back out i soak teeth in a separate container then glue back in when skull is finished .

4. Diamond S

Diamond S New Member

thanks guys, I appreciate the help...

5. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

I hate losing teeth ... but, you just have to be careful and pour stuff out of buckets very slowly.

6. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

yup shes right, and ya u glue after peroxide.

7. Gobblingfever

Gobblingfever 100% PEER GOBBLER ADDICTION!!!!

I used superglue then some decgreasing in HOT water and it turned yellow orange. After drying and then rebleaching in peroxide it went away. Glue when done but use elmers. Supler glue I was told will yellow with age.

8. Hey Diamond

I used to use super glue but of late I use a glue that should be available at your local hardware store---it's called Weld Bond -- it's a white glue like Elmers-- but I think it is a better glue---I've glued bear teeth back into the skull/jaw and then into the peroxide-- no teeth fall out---same with an elk i did last fall-- I took the skull teeth out to clean them (elk don't have very good dental hygiene habits ;D ) used a wire brush in my cordless drill to clean most of the crud off-- scraped some off w/ a scalpel-- then glued them back into place--- then into the peroxide-- teeth were nice and white (not my favorite way to finish them--- I like some color left in the teeth) but none of the teeth fell out or even became loosened -- give the Weld Bond a try---
    ORG

9. Diamond S

Diamond S New Member

Thanks for the tip ORG I try that.

10. hmmm never heard that awsome tip i gotta give that a try i always end up just peroxideing the teeth in same strength peroxide jsut in another bowl and glueing them suckers back in later.