1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Interesting Find!!!!

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by NDNHunter, Jul 20, 2008.

1. NDNHunter

NDNHunter 2007 World Chamionships, Reno

Walking an old river bottom one day, I spotted a piece of antler burr sticking out of the silt. I was suprised to find it was a very old antler with a good portion of the skull still attached. It seems to be partially petrified. Any ideas how old this might be ??? I have seen an antler that was dated 500 years, this one looks older. :eek: :eek:

2. NDNHunter

Another angle

3. NDNHunter

bottom.

4. That will be hard to age, just by looking at it.

5. NDNHunter

Any ideas how I can find out?

6. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Carbon 14 dating. But I have no idea who would do it. And I bet it will be expensive.

7. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

it 4sure doesnt look like it could b 500 years old. Maybe you should make up an age and sell it? lol jk

8. thats what ebayers do......

they could do carbon 14 dateing like was suggested by sea wolf but i imagen it would be to costly to really want to do it. always make a neat conversation peice to stick on the mantle.

9. NDNHunter

Allright, It's 10,000 years old and I want a million for it....LOL ::) ::) ;D ;D Naw, its not for sale. Actually I have about 5 other pieces of antlers that are really old, This one is the best. It is an interesting find I thought I would share.

10. NDNHunter

Oh, and it was clubbed by a caveman! ;) ::) ::) ::) ::)

11. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

that sounds like a great BELIEVABLE start! LOL