1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#43

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Had to take a break from my whitetails so i could make this weeks post. Hope you guys like.

2. 9 lb 4 oz. Cumberland River Female Brownie skin mount. ;D

3. fishmedic

fishmedic R.I.P. Alli !

One from last year!
    [​IMG]

4. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

[Wait one more, What did you pay Jeff L. to do that Steelie and that brown for you?]

John, I think you will need to call in an air strike instead, Dave is a capable fish guru with out my help! We have a joke, and he drops a blender in my brain every so often.

Jeff

5. Here's a work in progress...a custom reproduction. I just need to do the fine tuning and paint the pecs. I've wanted a carp on the wall since I was a kid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. awesome carp

7. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Nice Carp!

It's getting bad when a carp looks good...BUT....THAT carp looks good !

:)

Kerby...

8. Great Carp,I know Josh's lips are watering.LOL

9. lol what can I say I like it rough. ;D

Nice Carp!!
    One of the most underrated an beautiful fish around, and Harder then heck to paint!!

10. They'll eventually get the respect they deserve and I also think they're truly beautiful critters. The area I had some issues painting was the belly...as subtle as it is. The sides went very smoothly. Those are Jeff's new eyes and I'll get a good close up pic when I paint the sclera and gloss it.

I'm kind of on a rough fish kick also. I've taken a small break from adipose fins.

11. the carp looks real good!!

12. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

Looks awesome Kevin, I really like the unfinished "Renaissance" look myself. What gold did you use?

Jeff

13. I used white pearl Liquid Scales for the base and then Pearl Ex gold on top of that. The LS gave me the scale shape. Then some airbrush shading over that for greens, coppers, and oranges. That's basically what I did for the sucker a while ago. I've found the white pearl Liquid Scales work great for the base color on the large scaled fish. Now I'm brainstorming a composition...

14. Red stag

Red stag Active Member

Norway
    Many nice fish this week ::) ::) Trout 19 lbs. from me this week. Ollie

15. WOW! This is intimidating. You guys/gals are incredible. This is my first fish. I molded and casted it - which is apparent due to the flawed fins. I realize I probably got carried away with the yellow and I painted over the BLUE on the gills. Any advice or constructive criticism is more than appreciated. Thanks and keep up the great work.

16. Becky P

Becky P One must believe the glass is half full.

Was it Brian Travis?

17. TimWynia

TimWynia www.wyniafish.com

Long Spur. nice job on the bluegill, molding is a task in any arena, and getting to a flawless fins is a lengthy task as well, when doing your fins, try to give them all the same action state. like all in a alert state of all a relaxed state,. your spiny dorsal is very alert, while your anal, tail and P&P's have very little action to them, all relaxed or all alert looks more eye apperaling. If you want that extra little glamor to your fish try a little scale tipping in the high back to lateral line, some shimmer greens and violets mixed with some gold and blue, just look at your referance photos. overall great job and keep going!!!. Tim Wynia ( Wynia Fish Replicas ). ;D

18. Okay, let's try this again. Wow, never tried to post anything before and there appears to be a learning curve. Anyway, I am excited to finally be a member. I have been following the thread for awhile now, and thought it was time to participate. Here is a Striped Bass I just completed.