1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Tanneries

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Steves Taxidermy, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Steves Taxidermy

Steves Taxidermy "Speak The Language"

Can someone give me the names of a few good tanneries out there. Are there any that will turn the ears and split the lips for me? Thanks for all the help!

2. Hunter365

Hunter365 New Member

There are several listed in the suppliers index. Dogcreek Tannery- www.dogcreek.net does a real nice job. Wildlife Gallery- listed in suppliers index does a nice job. Have heard good things about Lonestar- listed in the suppliers index but have never tried personally. I know that Dogcreek and Wildlife Gallery offer prepping service and I'm pretty sure that Lonestar does too.

3. Steves Taxidermy

Thanks Hunter 365! How do I get to the suppliers index?

4. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

Look at the top right of you screen, (Quick Links) box.

5. jrosbor

jrosbor Member

www.taxidermy.net home page, in the middle of the page you see the suppliers index... otherwise here is the link

http://www.taxidermy.net/suppliers/index.php

Have a good one!

6. trapperman

trapperman New Member

7. trapperman

trapperman New Member

Has anyone ever experienced a lost piebald deer skin from a tannery? They told me the tag came off and the skin hasnt shown up. What should I do?

8. Randy Mac

Randy Mac New Member

I will do every thing for you email me your phone number and I will call you.

9. Steves Taxidermy

Thanks alot for everyones help, its greatly appreciated! Randy Mac, I will leave my email address at the bottom. Let me know what you can do for me and prices if possible. Thanks again!
    Steve ;D

10. Kittrell Hill

Kittrell Hill 9 Beard Merriam 2008 Meade Co SD

Lonestar wool and fur has a full prep service. I deal with David on all my shoulder and full body deer and bear. I have been very pleased with the service he has given me. A very personal guy!!! His prices are very reasonable and has a 60 to 90 day turn around time on deer capes. Hope this helped.

11. Steves Taxidermy

Thanks alot Kittrell Hill! Does David have a web site or a phone number? Let me know, and again thank you to everyone for all the help! ;D

12. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

www.lonestarfurdressing.com

David does good work. Check him out.