1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

stringer mounts

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by srholmes30, Jul 27, 2008.

1. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi does anyone have any photos of stringer mounts they have done.I would like to put some bream on a old fence post.I was going to alter the forms so the fish would be flat looking.So they are not going to have the same curve to the body.
    thanks Scott.

2. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

These were all my firsts. I just figured they looked better on a stringer.

3. srholmes30

Hi thank you for your reply and photo looks good.
    thanks Scott.

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I wouldn't suggest that you flatten your fish out. They do look much better to have some form of life shown in them. I couldn't find pictures of my bluegill stringers but I did find one of bass that shows how they look with some movement in them. If you're going to put them on a rope stringer, I'd suggest altering left and right forms so you could stack them on heavier.

5. srholmes30

Hi thank you George they look nice,have you ever entered a competition with a stringer mount.
    thank you Scott.

6. A- Fish

A- Fish Stehling's Taxidermy

Very nice looking stringers redwolf & George.

Heres how we normally do them...customers always seem to be happy. Only mod. you might want is to have the fins angled back a bit more--up to you.

[​IMG]

7. srholmes30

Thanks Aaron your fish look great.
    Scott.

8. George

Nice fish Aaron.

No, sr, I don't compete.

9. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

Helluva Job George.

10. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Hey George, that is the first time I have ever seen anything of yours other then when I was out your way, and a Pheasant mount with a posted sign I believe.. the pheasant mount was a comp piece I thought...wasn't it. maybe in the award winner section or something on this site...I could be mistaken, my memory isn't what it was before I started sniffin bondo.

I have been wanting to do a stringer mount, I just never find the time.... I like them all and don't think you can mess up to bad any way you put them on....I have seen them flat to all curled up...and even stacked like George said you may want to do...

11. George

Joey, everything has to be taken in perspective. LOL

When you never compete above state level and your state is Delaware where there are usually less than 10 entrants and seldom over 15 pieces, I honestly can't say that's competing (and I don't). Actually, there are a few pictures of the trash I put out sprinkled around this site in various places. It's just easier to criticize someone else's work rather than have your own criticized, you know. LMAO.

12. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

Hey man you'd rip me up any day of the week, if you wanted to..I have always liked your modesty about your work, its just that mouth ( another day LOL)...and TN is not much unlike Delaware in the amount of pieces. So I know what you mean there. I would guess, I didn't count, this year we had about 25-35 tops....someone may say more, but I don't pay much attention to WTs so I really don't know

13. JasonMoe

JasonMoe New Member

[​IMG]
    Here is one I did last year. M and F bluegill and crappie. Note the dorsal fins do not touch the body on the posterior side. During some breif testing, I noticed that the fins do not set close and tight like most lateral mounts. I put the fish on first, with the wire in their mouth, then I add the chain so its tight. I add overlap too to make it look natural. Suit yourself.

14. srholmes30

Thank you all for your photos,help.I plan on going to a state competition next year in march.I have some good ideas,hope post some photos.
    thanks again Scott.

15. Ron K

Ron K New Member

In comp. they judge each fish by it,s self, and not the whole piece, at least thats the way they done it in the past. Ron Knoll