1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

epoxy resin

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by muleyhunter413, Jul 29, 2008.

1. muleyhunter413

muleyhunter413 Member

Well I had a heater malfunction and fried all my beetles. I have ordered 4000 more from Ken. I also got some material to build a much larger enclosure and I am trying to figure out the best way to seal it. Do you think that epoxy resin will work on metal? I have had zero experience with the stuff and would appreciate any help you can give me. I would also like to hear any other ideas on a sealer that would work on metal. Thanks so much! Brendan

2. What kind of metal? I was thinking bout makin one out of stainless cause its slippery enough i don't think they could climb it.

3. muleyhunter413

muleyhunter413 Member

The metal is tin that covers a foam. It is in large pieces and was previously used for a freezer in a butcher shop. I am going to make a pretty big enclosure from it, and I am pretty excited about it, just need to work out the details of it.

4. mahatma

mahatma Vertex

Texas
    There are tons of different epoxy resins out there now. I am sure there is one just for what you need. It will be in a group called structural adhesives I would guess. I would go to a Lowe's home improvement centers or any of the big do it your self stores and ask.

5. you should leave the foam with it, as it would be a good insulator in the cold

6. muleyhunter413

muleyhunter413 Member

I am leaving the foam, I just need something to seal the seams with. thanks for the info.

7. The metal tape the heating guys use works really good, they can't climb it.

8. wolf249

wolf249 New Member

E R is the same stuff that thay use to cover the bar in a bar, I my self used it on 1/2" plywood and it works great for me, got it at Lowes. I think it will stick to tin with no problem, its good and thick stuff also if you use the tape or caulk it will seal it to. Good luck let us know how it turned out....