1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Swamp Booger

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by 3 and 0 Outdoors, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Has anyone ever mounted a Swamp Booger made by John Rinehart. Need some tips and how hard are they to do?
  2. Marc A

Marc A Beaver Creek Taxidermy

Never done one but it should be easy because anything goes. Your imagination is the reference !

3. jerrystaxidermyhunter

jerrystaxidermyhunter get stuffed at jerrys

yes i have done many they are easy.
  4. 3daddysinc.

3daddysinc. 3Daddys taxidermy studio and wildlife attractants

These arent the "buggers" that you were talking about but, this is how we do ours at the shop.
    I hand carve each one individually to the specifications of the customer. We do a bunch every year..
  5. redwolf

redwolf Active Member

Those things are some ugly money makers, BUTT ;D they are money makers. ;)
  6. drake

drake 101st ARMY AIRBORNE GULF WAR

yes, just about every kid that comes in my shop wants on on there wall, and kids are our future!!
  7. B2L

B2L New Member

i have never seen one of those before but i love them! we need a tutorial:)
  8. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

A word to the wise here. If you're intent on doing them, charge at LEAST $500 for every one of them. They are time consuming when done correctly. The tail can be mounted UP or Down. Many people put bobcat jawsets in them as well as coyote noses. The variations are endless, but if you do them cheap, ONE DAY SOON you're going to see that "novelty work" doesn't make nearly the "money" you thought it would. That price will make only serious customers who have more money than brains want one.
  9. Lenny

Lenny New Member

I mounted one 30 or more years ago. The form I got came with the eyes and the mouth piece in it with a artificial nose. I still have it If I knew how to post pitcures on here I would.
  10. Well I did my first "Swamp Booger" today. It turned out great. Took quite a bit of sewing, but I think I have a better idea on how to skin the rear end of a deer so there won't be as much sewing. Thanks for the tips guys. Soon as it dries, I'll try to get some pictures on here. Again thanks for the tips. One question what do you all charge for them? George says $500.
  11. John_NY

John_NY Northern N.Y.

The last one I did must of been 25 years ago. I think I charged $225.00 at the time which was good money for a booger but at that price I didn't do many back then.