1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

new trail cam pics.

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by foxman, Dec 9, 2006.

1. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 New Member

I finally got a trail cam, and I can't wait to see what trips it. I've got all kinds of food scraps spread around to appeal to the herbivore as well as the carnivore. The trick will be to avoid tripping it myself when I inspect it to see if any shots are taken yet.

2. RedWolf...what kind of cam? I just moved out here to NE this past weekend and already have seen sign of HUGE deer crossing my property...wanna def get them big boys on film.

3. These are some of the bigger bears we had coming in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 New Member

This trail cam takes very high quality pictures! What type is it?

5. It's the cuddeback 1.3 digital . I never had any problems with this camera. Last summer it took about 700 bear bait pictures. with 3 sets of batteries
    (4 -D cells)

6. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

Red-tailed Hawk
    [​IMG]

7. coon hunter

coon hunter Truman Waddell 270-589-7828 Brownsville Ky

Thats cool

8. jaspa

jaspa New Member

I may be wrong but I don't think that is a red tail. I think it is a sharp shinned or harris. I might be wrong though.

9. RedWolf7

RedWolf7 New Member

Gorgeous bird! All the raptors have a degree of kingliness to them.

10. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Definitely looks like a juvenile red-tail, to big and wrong plumage for a sharp shinned and harris. I first thought was a juvenile rough-legged hawk, but didn't have the right plumage. I have 1-2 red-tails outside every day perched looking, waiting for one of my pheasants to get out. They're great to watch!!

11. is it not just an ordinary cooper hawk?

12. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

I think it's to big for a Coopers hawk, and it doesn't have the long banded tail.

13. it is a red tail no question .i looked at some reference on net.

14. Yes, I agree it is a first year red-tailed hawk.

Michael

15. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

awesome pics we have a bunch or trail cameras as well but i dont know how to post pictures on here it is confusing f i knew how i could probably show some to you all

16. well this isn't from a trailcam but it is a pic i took of a deer wandering the creek bottoms bordering my property. This and the variety of othewr wildlife in my area is why i need to get a digital camera.

17. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

Look at him pose

18. AndyB

AndyB New Member

nice coon and deer

19. tschuppan

tschuppan New Member

i have about 30 pictures of this one

20. jhawk

jhawk My second job.

those of you who said immature Red-tail on my previous post are correct. I found in him my live trap 2 days before he fed on the pheasant in the picture. I emailed the pic to our nature center and they verified it was a young red-tailed hawk. I just gently dumped him out of the trap and walked away. He stood for a second looking around and then flew off. It was pretty cool.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]