1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

New Member Status

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by MattKruid, Aug 3, 2008.

1. MattKruid

MattKruid New Member

How many post to I have to do in order to get my new member status changed to something different??? I have been a member of this forum for a while and I'm tired pf being considered a new member...just curious/// I am normally quite and don't voice my opinion a lot (which is probably why I am still considered a new member) if anyone knows how many post I have to do let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

2. MattKruid

MattKruid New Member

Dang 54 posts in two years....I got a long way to go...But i am working on it :)

3. bellsbigbucks

bellsbigbucks New Member

55 now!!

4. MattKruid

MattKruid New Member

You and I could just hold a conversation here and by time it is up I'd be whatever is higher than New member status :)

5. bellsbigbucks

bellsbigbucks New Member

Just be creative and useful. Post things that you think would add to the topic, or your feelings on things. Be involved, and your posts will add up. I have alot of posts, but you and many others have been registered longer, so really im the new guy, your not. ::)

6. 0-100 new member
    100- 250 bronze
    250-500 silver
    500-1000 gold
    1000- ??? platinum
    i believe all those are correct and ive done 75 post in one day one here but that was a busy day on here but like craig said its not hard

7. ducktape1

ducktape1 Member

Iowa
    yes it take awhile to accumulate and I know definately what you mean, been a member for a couple years myself.

8. Lisa M

Lisa M Swing like no one is watching...lol

Numbers don't matter...at least to me.

Having 1000's of posts won't make you trustworthy if you're really an ass.
    Having 10's of posts doesn't make you untrustworthy if you're really honest.

Yeah, the more posts you have, the more folks will say "Oh...I know him/her." But there's pretenders, liars, frauds & sneaks that make up new names, hide out for months...posting in the fluff threads to pump their numbers, just so they can come back and screw around with us. :mad: Knotheads. Usually they're found out, but occasionally one sneaks past, as I'm sure you've seen.

I have...let me look...going to be 3053 with this post...but that doesn't make me any better or worse than anyone else. Don't give a 2nd thought to the numbers Matt. IMHO, you are who you are...and if folks judge you because of 60 posts...whiz on them. ;)

9. lisa you are totally right theres are a few members on here that have thousands of post (no names) that i will never deal with and the there are a few people i know with 30 - 60 post that id deal with in a heart beat

10. MattKruid

MattKruid New Member

Thanks guys for the info...I'll just keep chiming in when I feel I can or want to talk to someone....someday I'll get there :)

Matt

11. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

Blah blah blah. You big whiner Matt - LOL

Heck you were the one who first showed me this place over a year ago. ;D

You still haven't called me or PM'd me on here to say how your new job is going.

How are your bugs doing?

12. MattKruid

MattKruid New Member

Get back to work Joe!!!!!!!!!

I'll stop by one of these days when Corey isn't around and BS with ya...

Everything at the new job is fine...

--Matt

oh yeah you have my number too.....

13. Xiahou

Xiahou Rocky 6/1/05 - 6/5/08

ah touche, thats true. :D

14. bobcat1

bobcat1 Active Member

I think new member doesnt really mean anything other than you have less than 100 post under the new system, heck I was on the forum 10 years ago all the time and use to have a great time, I just didnt post for along time, so when I signed back up under the revised forum It shows me as a new member, If anything Im probably one of the oldest members or users of Tax. forum. SO...Im not a ~newbie~ am I? ;)

15. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,26013.0.html

I had the same question a while ago. Hope this helps.

16. Patrick J

Patrick J You've got me mistaken for someone else

Hey Matt
    You could pm me a picture of the mountain lion skull you got from me 2 years ago if it is finally finished. That would earn you 1 post plus if you reply to this it would be 2 posts. Just trying to help. LOL

17. MattKruid

MattKruid New Member

Hey Patrick,
    I haven't forgot about that yet, I still have our original emails. Believe it or not--it isn't done yet, I pulled it out of the box to whiten it the other week and it is still full of grease so now as I am typing this, it is degreasing AGAIN!! dang it moght take a while the secong go round.. but rest assured you WILL get pictures--I promise!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

18. I had to post something. Add one more on mine! ;D

19. trueblood

trueblood New Member

Hey can anyone help me get a WT cape wet tanned my dog got a hold of the one i was working on yeah yeah i know long story if anyone can help that would be great. The measurment are A- 7 1/4" B- 20 1/2" C- 19" D 22 1/4" my email is [email protected] Once again thanks for any help peace out!!!

20. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

LOL Try the wanted section