1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Has anyone got pictures of a gray squirrel's mouth?

Discussion in 'Mammal Reference Photos' started by Mink, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Mink

Mink New Member

I found a really nice looking gray squirrel today. It was a roadkill, but it was fresh (still warm) and had really pretty markings. Its has a gray head, tail and legs, but it's back and sides are kind of a reddish orange. Never seen one with so much red before, and I'm planning on mounting it. Problem is, on all the squirrels I've done, I always screw up on the mouth even if the rest of it is perfect. I can't use the squirrel I've got as reference, because the head is slightly mishapen due to the car that ran over it.

Has anyone got detailed pictures of a gray squirrel's mouth? I'm going to do a closed-mouth mount.

Thanks,

Mink

2. coreyponder

coreyponder New Member

our squirrels in MS have a lot of red on them

3. mississippi tax

mississippi tax New Member

Hay PBSAE.COM TRY THIS

4. RStanton

RStanton New Member

They're expensive, but John Belluci's photo sets from WASCO are the best squirrel reference i have ever seen.

5. foxman

foxman Guest

i posted some pics. of grey squirrels mouth i think its on no.2 or3 there pretty nice referencefoxman

6. Mink

Mink New Member

Thank you, I got the pictures.

7. Do you split the lips and get all the meat you can out ....

8. Mink

Mink New Member

Well, now I do. When I first made this post (way back in 2006!) I didn't know how to split the lips very well. But I've since figured it out and my squirrels' mouths look fine now. And I was surprised to see that this post still existed!

9. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley New Member

good for you brushwolf hitting the archives!

10. hahaha yea ;D