1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mechanical Deer decoy

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Hunter Williams, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ??? I had a couple of Game Wardens stop by my shop today they need me to build/mount them three mechanical deer decoys to catch some poachers here in Mississippi and Tennessee, Yes we got our share of hillbilly rednecks down here. Can I get any plans to build anywhere? I was just wondering what I should charge for them and if I could get most of the mechanical parts at a hobby shop. thanks, Hunter

2. dakotabill

dakotabill Member

If my memory serves me right there is a taxidermist in Wisconson who does alot of them for their DNR cant remember his name or business but I hope the state narrows it down. I'm sure if you find him he could help you out.

3. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

I refurbished 2 for our DEC, they purchased all the mechanicals (servo, transmitter, tail etc.). They had a highend aluminum gear servo that worked great. The first night they used it after they picked it up from my shop, 3 different poachers shot at it and one of them hit it in the neck with a 30-06 and destroyed the mechanicals. Look at this site, they sell a lot of the mechanicals used in the robo deer. http://www.wildlifedecoys.com/accessories/index.php