1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

trout head

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by Jesse Carr, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Jesse Carr

Jesse Carr Get a holt with your feet and stick your chest out

can you use silicone caulking in a deep dish or bowl to make a mold of a trout head then cast it with thinned bondo

2. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

if you did it like Josh shows in the rock tutorial then maybe, but its not the best product for the job. If it is a common size trout head that can be replaced why don't you experiment and tell us...but if I am reading into the way you asked it right you will have a gooey mess.

3. Jesse Carr

it is just a little brook trout so ill just try it and see what happens then ill let everyone know

Thanks, Buckslayer

4. Ravenson

Ravenson New Member

unless you do like in josh's tutorial you need to make sure you do not get your silicone caulk too thick if you do it will not set up right.

jeff

5. jeremy

jeremy Have you hugged your snake today!

True unless he puts a bit of acrylic paint in it

6. silicone works great on a trout head just thin some with xylo you can find with the paint thinner at the store brush on a couple coats this gives you all your detail then yopu can build up the cast by using silicone right out of tube works fantastic

7. Jesse Carr

bass buster will you message me or email i have a couple more questions for ya