1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Year 2# Week#45

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Aug 8, 2008.

1. srholmes30

srholmes30 Living each and every day

Hi here's one of my fish
    thanks Scott

2. fishtail

fishtail New Member

Very nice fish Rick... beautiful job!!
    Jonny, excellent Walleye!! I like the way the whole mount is presented.
    I really like that Drum Aaron. Nice work.
    den007, great match on the Muskie. Customer must be happy. Nice Walleye too!
    Scott, nice work. Looks cool the way the bass is about to eat its dinner!

This is a spawning Redband Rainbow Trout I finished this week. Customer wanted it chasing/about to eat a minnow. Since it came from a local river that also contains whitefish, I decided to make it about to eat a Mountain Whitefish minnow/juvenile.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob New Member

I've been lurking here for about a year and finally decided to register...this is my first post. So far I've done about 10-12 mounts total over the past few years (all I do are fish) and I finally decided that maybe some people would like to see my work too. This thread has been my favorite thread not only on this site but pretty much on the entire internet. At the very least I like honest open feedback. I only do this as a hobby, my day job keeps me plenty busy and it's a great thing to come home and work on a fish when I've had a bad day or need to unwind. As such, here is a stringer mount of perch I recently completed. I think there are 52 or 53 inches of perch here in this mount...fingerlakes perch from upstate NY caught through the ice a couple years back. Skin mounts. Any feedback is appreciated...like I said I'm self taught and have only done a relatively small number of mounts so anything I can learn or pickup is really great. Cecil sent me a PM a couple years ago on anoth r fishing related site and told me I should come over here...finally made it!!! Thanks!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Harum

Harum Active Member

Thanks for sharing that story Rick! The fish looks great and that hand made eye is sweeet!

Aaron, Nice clean skin mount.

Dr. Bob, Perch look good.

5. jonny

jonny New Member

dr. bob beautiful perch I like the way you used the old stringer most stringer mounts have a brand new gold stringer not every realistic.
    den awesome job replicating that musky everyone has great fish this week

6. Beautiful fish this week !! Rick , you are truly a master . That fish is really sweet ! Dr. Bob ,those are really good perch. Nice fish also Den,Aaron, Fishtail and others . Truly an inspiration to us all .

7. Steve Betkoski

Steve Betkoski Member

Very nice perch.I like the subtle shading on the bars.

8. Steve Betkoski

Steve Betkoski Member

P.S. also like the rust on the stringer ! That's how mine always looks.

9. den007

den007 Active Member

Dr. Bob........I like everything about your perch. You have a good eye for coloration. One suggestion......just a hint of pink on the pooper! LOL

10. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Super great fish this week!!!! Dr. Bob, welcome to the fish-heads site. Perch are very well done, IMO. They also look like some pretty big fish, nice and fat. I also love the coldwater fish on here since I don't get to much of a chance to do those projects. Rick great story. I always love it when dreams become reality especially when I read about other peoples experiences.

11. srholmes30

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. srholmes30

oops, I forgot to write that this is my stringer mount project. ;D

13. Great fish from all this week !
    Rick- Thanks for posting the history of the Sunappe trout ! The Blue pike is extinct now in Lake Erie as well.
    Dr.Bob- I like your perch stringer mount. Nicely mounted perch !
    Jonny- Good composition on your Walleye mount !
    Dennis- Very nice Musky ! Seems like you do quite a few !
    Aaron- I caught some Sheephead over 10 lbs. this year in Lake Erie...Good skin Mount !

This week I have a customer Brook trout. Custom Reproduction.

14. Close up pic of the head.

15. srholmes30

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's another Bass for you to see. 8)

16. srholmes30

Verry nice brook trout,great colors.

17. srholmes30

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Try not to have a Crappie Day! ;D

18. Man the fish just keep getting better on here, when will it stop?

[​IMG]

Here is a 48 inch Archie Phillips Musky replica.

Close up of the scale work.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Archies cheap ready to paint blank done.
    [​IMG]

19. 4th Largemouth mount

20. Craig W

Craig W New Member

This one has been seen already.I just got back from the NC show.I got 2nd place with it.