1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Skull of the week 8/8/08 Straw colored FRUIT BAT

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Sea Wolf, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

One of the largest of the fruit bats. Nice little pointy teeth. Bugged, degreased and whitened. Still trying to get a nice picture of the weird way the front teeth are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Buck and Doe Antelope..

3. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

neat skull, and neat mounts!

4. ReporterSr

ReporterSr If you think education is expensive, try ignorance

5. Sea Wolf

Some fruit bats can have a wingspread of 5 feet. I believe this one has a wingspan of about 3 feet.

6. ReporterSr

WOW!! I had no idea bats could get that large. About how large is the skull?

7. Sea Wolf

8. chbtaxidermy

chbtaxidermy When in Austin, do like the Liberals: Hug a Tree

That looks awesome!! You always seem to have the most interesting skulls, Sea Wolf..... maybe I need to expand my territory and try something besides deer, hogs, bobcats, furbearers, etc..... Is that for your personal collection, or do you intend to sell it..... ?? :)

9. chbtaxidermy

chbtaxidermy When in Austin, do like the Liberals: Hug a Tree

Crap!! Guess I shoulda looked at the ebay auction or read the post a bit more before replying..... oh well.... not the first time I've sounded not so intelligent..... :)

10. Sea Wolf

No worries there. One I'll keep for my personal collection. That one is bigger but missing one tooth in the rear. I started with local stuff. I think I have all the North American carnivores and some European ones. Some, but not all, the big cats and most of the bears. It takes time Evan. You'll get there if you keep at it. [​IMG]

11. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

this is my first european done for a customer...3rd total for me this stuff is kinda addictive in a weird kinda way..haha

12. ReporterSr

Who'd a thunk that bones, skulls, taxidermy could be addictive? I'm addicted to this web site because I glean so much knowledge and help on my projects from it.

13. bassnbuck

bassnbuck better late than never

u are very right about that...my true addiction is fish...but theres something about cleanin skulls that keeps me working toward these mounts