1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gooey Road-Kill Meat???

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Taxidermy Nutt, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Taxidermy Nutt

Taxidermy Nutt yup, i can b cray-Z!

Yesterday I went to get a badger skull i was told about. It stunk, but anyways i took the skull. When i got to my shop i cleaned the skin off it, as well as the eyes, brains, and some slimy skin. Its now in the freezer. My question is, will the meat harden up from what it was after i take it out of the freezer for the beetles to clean?? Will they eat it better, or faster than they would a normal trapped or hunted skull because of the stinch?? thanks for any further help! Taxi Nutt, Seth

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

It will get freezer burned if that's what you mean ... if it wasn't wrapped. If you want it to dry off a little bit I'd leave it in front of a fan for a day or so. Will help keep the flies away too.

3. plenty of road kill out there i only get fresh samples i dont wanna make anymore stink than needed.

wrap it up good and freeze to kill of un-wanted bugs then let it set in front of a fan until it's dry kinda jerky-like.